What did you do to your TJ today?

Back at my buddies today, getting the axles all cleaned up and ready for the lift

Been a long two days, I’m beat!

EE486AF9-6367-4170-AB38-B84CE87A4EF7.jpeg

4AF7C8B3-E1BD-48C3-AA64-86BDDEC9155A.jpeg

I just put a set of those on my jeep this week. The fit and finish looked good and they mounted up fine. The only problem I had was the bolt holes were a hair too small. I just used a 1/2" bit in a cordless drill and opened the holes up a bit and it fit great. They're nice and solid when mounted.

View attachment 240516
Thanks. I’m also considering this guy. I like this style as well as the body armor style too. I’m sorta afraid how these will look just hanging there.

https://www.azwholesalemopar.com/oem-parts/mopar-assist-steps-side-steps-black-82206456
After removing my sliders, I have to figure out something to get my wife in.

Dropped the top and took the doors off as spring is finally here.

Also got my Big Brake Kit and chrome molly 4340 shafts delivered in the mail.

Plus the wife, @ScarletBegonias surprised me with a new jeep. 😆

View attachment 240517
It's my turn next to be surprised, right? Prefer auto, 33s, 2 1/2 lift, black please. Life-size model 🤣

Over the past month I have replaced my old 4:88 gears with Revolution 5:13s, also did all (4) Axle shaft with Revolution chrome molly, replaced the Track Bar, Drag Link, and Tie Rods with Currie Correct Link and Track Bar with JJ’s (going to upgrade control arms this week with Currie double adjustables).

So I also bought a new soft top with doors from best top. What should have been a 3-4 hour job was about 6-7 hours.

I followed the directions to a T! First problem I ran into was the snaps on the top were no in line with the folding frame. Two were about a half inch off.
Second problem I ran into was per the directions, the rear window goes in last. After fucking with it for over an hour, not being able to zip it, I realized the zipper was sewn in backwards. The fabric side lines up with the teeth on the opposite side.

I‘ll call Best Top on Monday and see what they say. Being in Colorado, I’m about three hours away. Hope there’s not attitudes, and they do the right thing ( I know of people who had issues in the past), I’m not in the mooooood! You Pay $1700 for a fucking soft top and two doors you expect the shit to work, not rocket science! 🤬🤬🤬🤬!

getting to old for some of this shit anymore 👍🍻!
Even the bestop top on my cj5 had snaps that didn't line up. The factory top that came with my 02 also has snaps that don't line up.

Reactions: J&M’s ICON
Today has been a great day to be outside. 63 degrees and sunny.

Several things to the TJ this week. Wife was out of town, so I took the time to do some things I have had planned.

Replaced the factory rear bumper and trailer hitch with a new EAG bumper that I got for my anniversary back in February.
View attachment 240431View attachment 240430

Restored the air intake back to factory with one I purchased on Ebay.
View attachment 240438View attachment 240427

Earlier this week, the check engine light came on with code P0456. Further inspection today found a cracked hose on the emissions canister. I ordered a replacement, but in the meantime, I taped it up with some electrical tape.
View attachment 240429
Last, but not least, I gave the TJ a bath and shined it up. The weather is great, but the pollen is terrible. Luckily, pollen doesn't show up too bad on a yellow jeep. :)
View attachment 240428
I’m swapping my air box out, if I can ever find a few minutes 🤣 looks good!

I thought of that also, my half doors have mirrors already but one is cracked. If these don't work out that's probably what I will do. I thought I might like them when running doorless also.
I had a cracked mirror and ordered one of the Quadratec mirror plates and it worked like a charm. Much cheaper than a set of mirrors for sure

Cool. That’s why I haven’t done tube or doorless but once. I couldn’t find a place for the mirrors. The OEM spot is exactly right for my height/seating position.

Reactions: Ephry73