What did you do to your TJ today?

Cool. That’s why I haven’t done tube or doorless but once. I couldn’t find a place for the mirrors. The OEM spot is exactly right for my height/seating position.
I have run doorless so much when I had my CJ's it doesn't bother me not to have door mirrors. So far the only negative thing I have found is the doors hit them when you just let them swing open. Not that big of a deal to me just thought I would mention it.

Sure. I think if mine were in the sun a lot, I’d worry. I’m trying to figure out the right height my wife needs to get in.
If you don't want to add side steps to your jeep, just buy your wife some of these for getting in and out. 😉

H7de7081af8ee45f28326117f80485432J.jpg_q50.jpg

I got my tranny Pan back on so I could tow the Ljubljana behind the rev for spring break, found an 01 XX in Portland area with 74k on it, stole it before anyone else could, wasn’t cheap.but now I have another project

Reactions: Hog
Sorry, the quick disconnect power cables, what brand are you using? Just anderson connections on the ends?
I bought high strand count welding wire, solid copper lugs for the battery connection and the winch side already had an anderson connection on it, I bought another anderson connection to mate up to that and crimped myself. The connection I bought had a hole that allows it to be bolted down to keep it secure. I bought the parts and cable off of Amazon.

EWCS 2 Gauge Premium Extra Flexible Welding Cable 600 Volt Combo Pack - Black+Red - 10 Feet of Each Color - Made in The USA​

What kind of documentaries are you into?
Haha Just figured she could get the extra height without adding anything to the jeep. Plus they come in handy if she needs to walk through deep mud to hook up the winch, walking through deep flooded areas or maybe even installing drywall on a ceiling. 😄

Just thinking outside the box.

Last edited:
Washed the mud off after wheeling on Friday. Man that stuff just glues to the frame, I was lying underneath scrubbing. I’m about ready to give that up 😂

Also, to my delight I restored the airbox back to stock form. Had to get creative to close up some cracks, but it’ll work!

04DE41FF-E51C-4531-8D0C-54258875DF55.jpeg

5305EBCB-1CBC-4EAA-8F51-5B7ECD32E190.jpeg

D0071745-B0D8-4C72-8FDD-E9AEDB0E8F3F.jpeg

Washed the mud off after wheeling on Friday. Man that stuff just glues to the frame, I was lying underneath scrubbing. I’m about ready to give that up 😂

Also, to my delight I restored the airbox back to stock form. Had to get creative to close up some cracks, but it’ll work!

View attachment 240771

View attachment 240772

View attachment 240773
What is the benefit of going back to a stock intake? I know people always preach that an aftermarket intake won't give you any performance gains on things, but I thought it was just a waste of money not worse

What is the benefit of going back to a stock intake? I know people always preach that an aftermarket intake won't give you any performance gains on things, but I thought it was just a waste of money not worse
For me the aftermarket did nothing but create a slight whistle as I shifted gears. As much as I enjoyed that, I just feel like the stock airbox was designed for that engine, therefore it is best for it. I believe someone posted a link recently about how much more debris gets in the engine with the aftermarket intakes. Maybe it was @Jerry Bransford ?

Reactions: Cheetokps