What did you do to your TJ today?

cycled the suspension today, my new springs allowed me to removed my 3" of bump stop. Looks like I'll still need to add a 3/8" puck at the bottom to keep the diff out of the track bar. And she's under her own weight again at the end of the day, first time in weeks!

640380769.jpg

640484768.jpg

Last edited:
  • USA Proud
Reactions: Vasq
Recent upgrades/ changes from the past few weeks and this weekend!
Sanded and rattle canned my wheels. Used the Rustoleum High Gloss and the Rustoleum clear. Added rear back up cam. Replaced 5 lug bolts,
77A7CD8E-747A-42F7-AEB1-68964619F7B3.jpeg
Replaced front end steering components. Steering stabilizer, drag link, track bar and tie rod. Still think I need to do my control arms they have side to side play and look original on 147k miles. Felt the wobble creeping up, not full fledged death wobble but I felt like it was close
FE83EFCC-AE57-4DE4-A5EC-724DD935A585.jpeg
609E768D-80F8-4365-968E-8FD8DB72844E.jpeg

C7FA40C2-7EC8-45C1-9AB8-D89295FB0824.jpeg

34CE1158-3951-497C-8A60-C27929CC8766.jpeg

Finished the shocks. Ranchos all around. Also finally got the downstream O2 sensor swapped. Now both are the the correct ones.
Fixed the check strap bracket on drivers door. One of the PO’s had stripped both screw holes so I tapped them and put a little bigger one in. Now the door doesn’t slam into the fender.
Next week we will change the differential oil front and back. May even get the heater core flushed.

View attachment 244948

View attachment 244949

View attachment 244950

View attachment 244952
In my humble opinion, I would get rid of the shock boots. They do more harm than good. Happy jeeping.

Come back with thoughts on change.
Cheers

1. If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.
  2. You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
  3. When we are no longer able to change a situation - we are challenged to change ourselves.
  4. Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.;)

My Jeep was pollen free.....................for 12 hours. Just started raining. :(
View attachment 245000
Rain has been weird this year my all black gets dirtier by the rain day! I blame my own stupidity for getting roped into buying "Shine Amour" on FB! Stuff is crap for TJ,s, well its just crap really, water beads nice but stays on there in beads cos its got nowhere to run off, should be called "Watermark your paintwork"

1. If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.
  2. You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
  3. When we are no longer able to change a situation - we are challenged to change ourselves.
  4. Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.;)
Oh no - someone hacked into Boogie’s account again...

Took it to get the suspension torqued and checked after the first 700 miles on the lift. I noticed the rear end chattering quite a bit in the last two weeks. I thought maybe I was losing my mind, but ALAS I WAS NOT!!! Rear trac(k) bar loosened up just enough. Either way, snug as a bug in a rug now!

836A35C0-F6DE-4DCD-91E5-7D698D53B452.jpeg