What did you do to your TJ today?

Agreed. That's why mine hasn't been done as yet either. I don't see any expense in making the product!
Exactly, there doesn’t seem to be anything proprietary and there’s no technology to it. Just paying for the usefulness I guess 🤷‍♂️

Engine in and now it’s time for a glass of whiskey

9AE51701-4D2A-4935-86D4-4798F8C662D8.jpeg

But why are these cable shifters so damn expensive?! That’s why I haven’t done it yet to be honest as much as I want to. Just seems way overpriced to me. Still holding out for a
The longer the wait the higher the price.
You can’t even think about doing anything on a tj for less than 200.00!

It wasn’t too bad to adjust. I think I lucked out to be honest. I had the shifter all the way down to 2-high and made sure the t-case was in the same position. The adjustments mainly came when I needed to thread the connectors onto the cable ends to match up to the t-case and shifter levers. If I didn’t have enough thread that I was comfortable with I’d adjust the large bolts holding the cables in place to make up the difference. Everything seemed pretty dialed in as long as I was able to make those adjustments. I’d be interested to see if others had similar experiences with theirs.

I would think installing it before the body lift makes the most sense so you don’t lose the ability to shift in the process.
I decided to try to get mine started tonight. Is this whole thing supposed to come off or just the nut?
A08441E5-0DC8-4051-9E8F-5D59B758E56F.jpeg

Also any tips on getting the top one out? It’s really stuck, going to let it sit in homemade kroil overnight. I think I got everything else off

I decided to try to get mine started tonight. Is this whole thing supposed to come off or just the nut? View attachment 245214
Also any tips on getting the top one out? It’s really stuck, going to let it sit in homemade kroil overnight. I think I got everything else off
Mine was just the nut that came off. For the top I was able to get a socket onto it without too much difficulty. It’s not a bad idea at all to do half tonight and let the rest sit til the morning. Good strategy to maintain your sanity.

Mine was just the nut that came off. For the top I was able to get a socket onto it without too much difficulty. It’s not a bad idea at all to do half tonight and let the rest sit til the morning. Good strategy to maintain your sanity.
Interesting, I guess I can try to get the nut off and then thread it back in. I’m hoping the penetrating oil overnight will be enough for the top one, but it wasn’t budging

Find 2 nuts that fit the other end, run them down on there together and tighten them against each other. Then you can use those to hold it while you get the other nut off.

You can install the stud in the same manner, just use 2 nuts on the other side. Might be harder to loosen the 2 nuts once it’s installed though in that tight space.

Reactions: Cheetokps
Lost an upper bump stop wheeling this weekend and order Prothane bumps from Amazon. Pulled the front springs and checked the flex and was able to remove some of the lower bump stop and add a little more up travel. Went through all the front end bolts and found some stuff loose (track bar to axle was really loose). Both links on the Antirock are non-standard hack job affairs so I ordered new links ($170 for links WTF?).

Found my pitman arm is rubbing my hydraulic hoses for the PSC ram. Patched in some heater hose as a abrasion guard for now. Will buy extra hose to carry in the parts box in case we rub through. Need to find different fittings to get it to stop rubbing.

Also ordered a set of BFG Krawler TA in 37x12.50R17 to replace my Trepador Stickies. The Treps have no flex and will burp air below 15 psi on the rear bead. Will keep the Treps for a while and see if I like the Krawlers.

Reactions: Hog
Ordered this:
anchor.jpg

to bolt to the concrete footer in my garage to give me an anchor point to be able to spool line onto my winch in my driveway. Complete overkill, but the cheapest thing available BY FAR that could do the job - $25/shipped mil surplus. Sometimes Tony Beets is right!

Reactions: Hog and Ephry73
Ordered this:
View attachment 245253
to bolt to the concrete footer in my garage to give me an anchor point to be able to spool line onto my winch in my driveway. Complete overkill, but the cheapest thing available BY FAR that could do the job - $25/shipped mil surplus. Sometimes Tony Beets is right!
You should have bought 4, looks like the perfect bedroom accessory 😱

What do you think of it? I have a "wallet" that needs protection as well.
I think I am getting to be like you 😱 starting to over think everything. I am think I should line the top inside of the box to protect my wallet from it bouncing around a hitting the inside of the cover on rough trails. Otherwise it may cause scratching on the leather of my wallet. 🤣

Busy week and weekend...

I decided it was time for some 35"s on the ol LJ.

-Rock Jock steering
-Core 4x4 stage 3 short arms
-New shoes (35x12.5r15 BFG KM3s on the factory wheels)
-MORryde HD tail gate reinforcement so my tail gate doesn't decide to fall off with 35" hanging off the back.

20210418_100016.jpg

20210411_184623.jpg

20210411_185012.jpg

Last edited: