What did you do to your TJ today?

Finally, I installed a full size spare tire. It looks better now. haha.

I tried to find a used one for a few weeks, but all the used tires that weren't sold as a set were DOT 2010 or older, so I decided to buy a new one just to have peace of mind on the trail. I am also planning to do a 5 tire rotation in the future.

Before

IMG_7419.jpg

After

IMG_7421.jpg

* 31x10.5 fitted without any problems in my stock carrier.
** Next up for the rear end is a new aftermarket rear bumper with a hitch receiver.

M

Makes sense, I’ve always been torn on which is better if you only had one. I pick up my half doors this week and then maybe I can decide. I have to paint them, but plan on keeping both.
Keep them both. Worth switching them out half a year. I need to get some uppers for my half doors. Thinking of the fiberglass sliders actually.

Reactions: Dunkut88TJ
Added some more lights (factory driving lights) just to see if I like the windshield mounts. If I keep the mounts, I'm making limb risers out of them instead of using an LED light bar. Then I'll get another set of red LED lights to match the bumper ones.

p.s. I HATE pollen.
Rubi lights 4 20 (2).jpg

Last edited:
I get on this forum most every day and often find myself disgusted and full of Envy when I see the halfdoor deals you guys find on here. Well today I’m proud to be one of those guys, I picked up my half doors today and had a few surprises. I found the doors to be fully functioning and the exterior of them are almost in mint condition. Perhaps the biggest surprise of the day was that the junkyard included the uppers with the frames at no additional cost. Looks like the skins were purchased right before this jeep went to the yard nevertheless full half door set up for $350 is a big win!!

D11DD4A4-08FD-4D5F-ACD7-BFBC318ED035.jpeg

E3DEC022-49EF-45A4-8293-4494ABC31133.jpeg

I get on this forum most every day and often find myself disgusted and full of Envy when I see the halfdoor deals you guys find on here. Well today I’m proud to be one of those guys, I picked up my half doors today and had a few surprises. I found the doors to be fully functioning and the exterior of them are almost in mint condition. Perhaps the biggest surprise of the day was that the junkyard included the uppers with the frames at no additional cost. Looks like the skins were purchased right before this jeep went to the yard nevertheless full half door set up for $350 is a big win!!

View attachment 245333

View attachment 245334
Nice find. I've never understood the appeal of half doors though. I've had two Jeeps with them. I had tinted uppers on one and glass sliders on the other. I prefer full doors or none at all.

Nice find. I've never understood the appeal of half doors though. I've had two Jeeps with them. I had tinted uppers on one and glass sliders on the other. I prefer full doors or none at all.
My wife says the same thing, doors or no doors. I told myself I would purchase them if I could find a reasonable deal, which I feel I did. I love no doors, but having that half door on muddy trails keeps quite a bit of slop out...so I’m told.

Also, I would have never purchased the windows. I’m eyeing ordering your bumper next, after new fenders

Well I can say I don't know what it is like to have full doors because all I ever had was half doors. I can say that I really like my half doors. I use them for arm rests in the summer, LOL. I never really wanted to take them off. No doors doesn't really thrill me that much. I like having some protection even though they are not much. That and I figure with no doors, I would probably get a whole lot more wind in the cab area. Other then that, I just think the Jeep looks good with no uppers and the top back with the half doors. :D Course I'm not a heavy wheeler either. I would guess that no door would make it a lot easier to look down to see your wheels while transversing rocks and such. I am mainly city driving and occasional fire road to light off road trails. :D

Had a big 4 or 5 days. First, my friends helped me get off my butt and get my CJ put back together so (a) I could drive it out of one garage and into another and (b) so I can finally sell that piece of junk. That was Friday. Saturday included getting new tires (BFG M/T 33") mounted on new wheels, and getting started on the lift. Got most of the front installed, but were slowed down by difficulty getting control arms attached....thanks to the forum for help there.

Sunday was a day of rest and cleaning the garage of lift & CJ aftermath.

Then Monday we worked till 2am and got the rest of it completed. More or less. Have a tie rod castle nut that won't go back on, and the track bar flag nut broke, so I'll have to overcome that somehow, and can't test drive until I do. What I do know is that 4" appears to be a ton of lift, no regrets about not going bigger.

Lift was a Zone Offroad 4" suspension, which comes with a t-case drop, but I have an SYE coming. The struggle is that we have a trip to Crossbar in OK next Wednesday, and I don't know that I'll have the SYE & new driveshaft here in time to get that phase completed, so I may have to break down and temporarily do the t-case drop.

hard to believe this was a stock TJ 6 months ago.

Before:
IMG_1274.jpg

After:
IMG_1289.jpg

And lastly, proof that the CJ actually moved after being stationary for 6 years.
IMG_1280.jpg

Well I can say I don't know what it is like to have full doors because all I ever had was half doors. I can say that I really like my half doors. I use them for arm rests in the summer, LOL. I never really wanted to take them off. No doors doesn't really thrill me that much. I like having some protection even though they are not much. That and I figure with no doors, I would probably get a whole lot more wind in the cab area. Other then that, I just think the Jeep looks good with no uppers and the top back with the half doors. :D Course I'm not a heavy wheeler either. I would guess that no door would make it a lot easier to look down to see your wheels while transversing rocks and such. I am mainly city driving and occasional fire road to light off road trails. :D
I’m looking forward to seeing if they reduce the wind compared to no doors. I would imagine there would be some reduction. Some days the wind with no doors is just horrible. I could never part with full doors

Reactions: hear