What did you do to your TJ today?

Decided to drive the LJ to work today since it was supposed to be nice out. Apparently the LJ disagreed and gave m the check engine light and the P0016 code, again.

Getting a little frustrated with the LJ and my mechanic. The LJ threw has been throwing that code off and on for a bit and my mechanic keeps taking a look at it and says its good to go. Thinking my mechanic's shop doesn't know how to fix it, probably time to have someone else give it a go

tenor (2).gif

Reactions: voodooridr
A few things!

Adjusted the savvy arms to dial in the pinion angle (thank you to @Chris for the how to!).

Installed the Gr8tops box in the back.

Had the local shop re-route my exhaust from where it had to be cut to install the tracbar last week.

Love this thing!

Reactions: Chris
I drove it to one of my fav lunch spots in town. Waiting for the weather to get a bit warmer to put the top down.

I actually think I might keep the jeep in this configuration (half doors/slider windows/soft top) permanently. This past winter I did not put hardtop/full doors and did not miss it one bit.

PXL_20210423_195544997.jpg

Got an open box Tuffy console insert for 70% off on ebay and got it installed. Will be nice to have at least some security there, since the PO had the console broken into and lock destroyed before I got the Jeep. It's nice to rigidify the stock plastic construction. Also discovered my inner shift boot was broken, and got that replaced as well.

1619212844987.png

1619212853415.png

Was also a good opportunity to get in there with a vaccum cleaner while the console was out.

Crawled under it and sprayed Pblaster on every shock, link, and control arm bolt/nut in sight. Man that stuff STINKS! I think the Upper Control Arms didn't come with new bushings on one end.
Something about the smell of PB Blaster just makes me feel like a man 😂 and that I know what I’m doing, when I usually don’t.

I took it out for the first ride with half doors, it was great, tad cold, and it rained a bit. I also tried to remove the frames from the uppers, as the bottom has rusted, it seems impossible to take them out. Did put the uppers on there, not sure I will ever use them, but wanted to give it a look. Also, saw this Gem on Facebook and couldn’t resist sharing 😂

ABF7B73C-9634-4E80-BE1B-F4CD58D0C2B7.jpeg

68580ECF-FAA3-429D-B6D5-7E94A57C28D6.jpeg

Last edited:
Just got done wiring my longer controller cable for my garage hard top hoist, think tomorrow I may finally get the SOB mounted in the ceiling. Next steps will be to find some straps long enough for the hardtop and add some eyebolts for extra anchorpoints.

Probably going to order a new Crown OPDA. Hopefully throwing a new one on there will make the P0016 go away. If not, it will be nice to have another on hand lol