What did you do to your TJ today?

Crawled under the Jeep this morning and spent an hour with sand paper and stop rust paint. Anything I saw with any small amount of surface rust, I sanded and painted it. I figure I need to get ahead of things after finding the 3oz of rust inside the frame.
p.s. The Eastwood internal frame coating clogged up my drain holes and had to be dug out with a screwdriver. I hope it does it's job. Paint and Fluid film are next up for the inside frame.

Found this bitching 4x8 off-road trailer near me for $450 with title, need to rebuild the front mounting end and floor, and convert hubs to 5x5 (so I can use cheap and readily available jk and JL takeoff wheels)

5CFB4AC8-6BA0-45F5-B6D9-77A085CC66EA.jpeg

Cool! They are different than the ones I have seen from them before. Did you have to add the panel on the back for the white? Nice door cart also!
I made a plywood template and took it to veteran owned Clearview Plastics on North Market here in Spokane WA. He used 3/8" abs and had them made same day. I used Chicago screws to fasten them together.

Today I picked the TJ up from getting a tummy tuck. The clearance gain is awesome, but I'm having some vibrations I'm not so sure about (started a thread in the General Discussion sub forum). Before and after...
20200212_150912.jpg
20210506_141428.jpg

And last night, bought the TJ a new room mate as it was time to replace my DD...

20210506_100105.jpg

I got mine back from my friend’s shop yesterday. They took care of a whole laundry list for me:
Installed 2 new tires
Mounted spare tire carrier
Adjusted brake shoes and parking brake cable
Installed a new washer pump and nozzles
Inspection
Front brakes
Replaced stabilizer bar end links
Timing belt/water pump
Oil change
Spark plugs
Muffler
Installed my steps
Then when I got her home I installed the mesh sunshade, new soft top and new stereo….

View attachment 250267
OK...what steps are those...lolol

I started the half door process tonight, took inner panels off, gutted the doors, and tomorrow start more prep. Hoping to get interior panels done tomorrow. Automotive touch up paint is shipping slooooooooowwwww

also had dinner with some Jeeples

View attachment 250425

View attachment 250426

View attachment 250427

View attachment 250428
I'll be starting mine very soon. Looks like that latch mechanism comes out without too much trouble. Hope it turns out great!

Reactions: Dunkut88TJ
Where is that water-Ford? Looks cool haha
It’s a road behind the back of Thames...If you’re going to do the coromandel pinnacles walk there’s a dirt road that takes you to the car park it’s up by that