What did you do to your TJ today?

Pulled mine out.......... of the garage, getting ready to head to Townsend, TN.
LOL 😆
Lucky you! I love that area and have gone camping in Townsend many times.. Oh the memories! There's a great little restaurant there that serves the best fried trout... If it's still there.

Reactions: John Cooper
Get used to it the Entire World has changed in the space of 14 months and none of it makes any sense! War again in the middle east? well you guys have to use up all those armaments Trump didn't care about using overseas and wanted to keep for home Defence.
We are all affected buy US! our fuel prices went up when your pipeline got hacked and we are in Australia and get our fuel from Singapore? go figure lol
Buy the way our oil is top grade so we can only sell it overseas and import inferior oil for local production lol
anyway at least Liz Cheney got what she deserved :)
Yeah it sucks! The only way they can control anyone is through fear, just like the scamadimic ! They won't a one world government and its coming and sooner than we think, they almost had it and than TRUMP threw a wrench in the works. I apologize about getting off topic I would rather talk about our TJ's

Reactions: Blondie70
Sliders on!

252265BC-440B-4F6C-9797-50DD9D928832.jpeg

Took mine out of winter storage. Its been there since early October.We have had road salt since.
Drove it to put fresh fuel in and then home waiting for a wash and wax.Maybe tomorrow..
when i went to the garage yesterday a tree had fallen in a wind storm and just missed where the jeep had been parked

Took mine out of winter storage. Its been there since early October.We have had road salt since.
Drove it to put fresh fuel in and then home waiting for a wash and wax.Maybe tomorrow..
when i went to the garage yesterday a tree had fallen in a wind storm and just missed where the jeep had been parked
Now that's respect!

Reactions: 04solartj
Painted the half doors, a lot of doubters on if a rattle can could knock out Bright Metallic silver effectively. I’m pretty flipping happy with the results. View attachment 252415Washed
View attachment 252420Roughed up
View attachment 252417
primed
View attachment 252416
comparing to the full door from factoryView attachment 252418
And the VerdictView attachment 252419

Looks fantastic! What paint and primer did you use. I have a few spots on my new TJ that I’ll need to sand, prime, paint and your color looks spot on. Just found my answer a few posts above.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dunkut88TJ
Mounted my new tires in my driveway. Bead locks are easy, but tedious. Lots of bolts to torque and re-torque, and re-torque.

Took about 20 mins a wheel start to finish. Put 8.5oz of balance beads in each tire. These are a good inch taller than the Treps too. Weird, because the specs have the Treps taller, but I compared both inflated and demounted OD.

View attachment 252484View attachment 252485
Schweet. I’ve never done anything just for looks on my rig, but I always really liked the looks of the Krawlers. I miss ‘em.

Reactions: AMS417 and Zorba
Wrapped up the half door project. Had to sand down the orange peel, it was severe. I managed to sand a little too much in some spots but now it matches the rest of the rig with its blemishes. I am really pumped with the results, new hardware works, gaskets fit, and the interior panels look good! Got my boy in on the fun!

9C180422-AC5E-463D-8448-F7033F622CBC.jpeg

271F60D9-85A5-48BE-8B42-EC7B39BFE939.jpeg

DAAFEAA7-058B-421A-858F-DF6D28BC205A.jpeg

D6CC9594-0BF8-48C0-850B-FFB1AB436EFC.jpeg

5567A7AA-DA1D-408D-AFA9-28584C4AFDB5.jpeg

89D36193-0184-4911-BAB7-FA41C17AC0DE.jpeg

Well trying out the new hoist was "fun". Had the top sang on something and my dumbass didn't have the LJ in the correct spot. Luckily my brother lives next to me so he came over and drove the LJ out while I held the top.

20210515_132830.jpg

Eventually after some playing around with the straps I got the correct position and now its riding balanced. Threw some wood boards and chains under it to take the weight off the hoist while stored.

20210515_150830.jpg

This whole experience is making me think about just selling the hard top, I like the LJ better with the soft top anyways, which needs to be replaced some day🤦‍♂️ At least the dog got some enjoyment out of my struggles today lol

20210515_140009.jpg

This whole experience is making me think about just selling the hard top, I like the LJ better with the soft top anyways, which needs to be replaced some day🤦‍♂️ At least the dog got some enjoyment out of my struggles today lol

I took my aftermarket hard top off in the spring of 2017, when I got a soft top, and this is where it’s stayed since. LOL

8F640967-8F62-4634-94D4-41F0B214D80E.jpeg

Well trying out the new hoist was "fun". Had the top sang on something and my dumbass didn't have the LJ in the correct spot. Luckily my brother lives next to me so he came over and drove the LJ out while I held the top.

View attachment 252589

Eventually after some playing around with the straps I got the correct position and now its riding balanced. Threw some wood boards and chains under it to take the weight off the hoist while stored.

View attachment 252591

View attachment 252590
I’ve never had a hardtop, I can see the benefits if you drive a lot, harsh winters etc. but they sure seem like a pain once you want them off. Worth the effort if you need it I’m sure.

I’ve never had a hardtop, I can see the benefits if you drive a lot, harsh winters etc. but they sure seem like a pain once you want them off. Worth the effort if you need it I’m sure.
The TJ tops are a little easier since they're smaller and lighter. Always thought having both tops were nice, but now that I'm generally not driving the jeep in the winter I'm not seeing a huge need for the hard top

Reactions: Dunkut88TJ
The only time I’ve considered putting the hard top back on is twice a year, when we take a long trip in it to the Outer Banks. I think it may make the longer trip not so exhausting, especially for my wife. I haven’t yet because I usually run out of time before we go.

Did the annual change of trans and transfer case fluid and installed front and rear Adams Extreme Duty driveshafts.

Replacing the front eliminated some mild vibrations and noise due to a deep dent and wonky seat and post for the centering ball. Driveline is glass-smooth at all speeds.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and L J