What did you do to your TJ today?

Just ordered the morryde tailgate reinforcement kit (needed) and some round maxbilt trail tail lights (wanted).

hopefully they are both as good as folks say they are.

a couple quick questions, will I NEED the morryde spare tire carrier or can I just buy a factory spare tire carrier? Any benefits to the morryde “heavy duty” tire carrier over the factory tire carrier? Do they both bolt up the same? I’ve read where people use the factory tire carrier with no issues and ive read some folks weld a reinforcement piece onto the factory tire carrier for preventive measures. I can weld on a reinforcement piece if needed.

also, less important but, does anyone have any pics of the morryde with round tail lights by chance?

I used the hyline carrier had to redrill a couple holes in it for mounting. The carrier is very heavily made. The only reason I had to drill was I wanted the carrier mounted low

Reactions: Midtenn and L J
If you have the choice why wouldn't you go around a mud hole? Going through it only makes the road worst in the future.
Touché I only go through them if it’s the only way. My last trail had a bunch of mud holes to the side, some sloshed it and others didn’t.

Reactions: TJ Starting
only thing worse than mud, is salt or a salt substitute

200.gif

• Angry
Reactions: Apparition
In preparation for an upcoming 4 day jeep event, I bought and replaced the 2 house batteries in my travel trailer, replaced the battery on my generator (11 years old-definitely got my money's worth there) , ordered and installed my new CB (cause that's what most run at the jamboree). Slowly getting her ready...

In preparation for an upcoming 4 day jeep event, I bought and replaced the 2 house batteries in my travel trailer, replaced the battery on my generator (11 years old-definitely got my money's worth there) , ordered and installed my new CB (cause that's what most run at the jamboree). Slowly getting her ready...
Sure you don't need a GMRS instead of CB? Not an official Jamboree?