What did you do to your TJ today?

Replaced a leaking wheel cylinder and brake shoes. I know, I should have done the disk conversion but don't have all the parts together yet. Only took aboit an hour. Guess I should have done pictures but y'all know what a wheel cylinder looks like.

Reactions: TJ Starting
Went for a ride, dog chased a squirrel, ran some trails, we had a good day.
6F28A6C6-A4DC-4CB8-87EE-D25B752A6F91.jpeg

Wheeled to crap out of it at the local off road park. Burned up a cooling fan relay, killed another amplifier, and probably another alternator. Winched my buddies Honda Talon a bunch of times. Might be contributing to the alternator issues.

Finished installation of the Noico sound deadening material and got the front Bedrug put in this weekend. My supervisor wanted to be in the photo....

View attachment 253019

View attachment 253020

Also bit the bullet and ordered the rubber floor pan cover since mine had multiple tears/holes. This should also help with the sound being transmitted into the cabin...

View attachment 253027
Congrats on getting it done. I thought about doing the same for my LJ but have only soft top so I figured it will not help much. Looks like u rained on ur supervisors parade. ;)

I didn't know one existed, but the decals are factory. I think it must have been the chrome package or dealer add on. Who knows.
There is a lot to learn still with TJ models, look at the Grizzly model in UK with adjustable factory headrests and the Jamboree model also not listed, what about the self levelling headlights in Europe (I have the harness) So yours could well be a limited edition offered at new to boost sales or it may even have the surprise of a lifetime! 3.07 gears in a Dana 44 fuel saving ecco friendly special edition TJ lol

There is a lot to learn still with TJ models, look at the Grizzly model in UK with adjustable factory headrests and the Jamboree model also not listed, what about the self levelling headlights in Europe (I have the harness) So yours could well be a limited edition offered at new to boost sales or it may even have the surprise of a lifetime! 3.07 gears in a Dana 44 fuel saving ecco friendly special edition TJ lol
Manually rather than self-levelling headlights (4 position switch by the driver's knee - mine work fine and useful for towing)

Reactions: Fishtaco
Is that UV fade on the flares and hard top? if so it looks better than black on a black TJ.
I am contemplating doing my flares in Graphite or Gunmetal grey to break up the all black. I just discovered Plastidip and once my winter is over I will give it a go and see how it looks.
Yessir, that is UV fade. This TJ has spent its entire life in New Mexico where we are just about ten miles from the sun — similar in some respects to the Australian Outback, but not as remote.

I like hour handle, @Fishtaco. There’s a mythical character here called TacoCat... and TacoCat spelled backwards is... TacoCat. I’ll have to post a pic of my t-shirt...

Installed a Mastertop SkyMaster yesterday. Perfect day for it. Sunny and hot as hell.
I opted for the MasterTwill FastBack replacement top. It reuses your o.e. door surrounds and the header from the original top frame.
I also saved 200.00 going this route as opposed to ordering the complete kit.
Install took a couple hours and I'm pretty happy with the results. Nice quality.

toe_LI.jpg

View attachment 257495
thumbnail_IMG_2559_LI.jpg

I've been chasing a rattle down for some time now. I thought it was in the dash on the passengers side. I've removed the glove box entirely, thinking it may have been something in there bouncing around. No luck. I've felt around everywhere I could reach looking for something loose with no luck there.

Yesterday I was out playing around and it was rattling bad. I pushed and pulled on the door panel pocket area and the sound changed just a little bit. I thought maybe a panel clip had broken but they were all in good shape. Took the panel off and peeled back the rain shield and found this...

IMG_2059.JPG

I cut some pipe insulation, wrapped around the regulator cable and taped it up with electrical tape. After doing that, I tested the window up and down before putting the panel back on. I noticed that the cable didn't move any when rolling the window up and down, so I added a couple zip ties to hold it tight. So glad to get rid of that rattle, it was annoying the hell out of me.

IMG_2060.JPG
IMG_2061.JPG
IMG_2062.JPG

Took another shot at getting the mud off the undercarriage. Water, simple green, brushes, pressure washer- looks a lot better and gives me better insight into what I need to address. Also need to put some driving hours on it for the radiator flush I’m running through now. So after that drove it around the lake for an hour tonight to dry it out and just smiled.