What did you do to your TJ today?

Ehh, everyone's got metalcloaks. In a world where everyone tries to make their Jeep unique and their own, I like going with other brands as long as they are quality. I'd put mine up against metal cloaks any day. I'm sure both are great. I'm not knocking either. I was torn between the metal cloaks and core 4x4, and went with core4x4 for their customer service and I like the bent arms better, and the core ones are substantially thicker than the metalcloaks. Like I said, I'm sure both are great and couldn't go wrong with either. I would take metalcloaks over tier two but tier three over metalclaoks.

I was interested in the double Currie Jonny joint arms but decided I didn't need them.

I'm not knocking your purchase. They do look quality and made in the good ole, so no worries here. Can't go wrong with the JJ at one end. My only concern is the poly joint. They say "poly". Does that mean they are a polyurethane bushing vs. rubber?

Reactions: Tj04
I'm not knocking your purchase. They do look quality and made in the good ole, so no worries here. Can't go wrong with the JJ at one end. My only concern is the poly joint. They say "poly". Does that mean they are a polyurethane bushing vs. rubber?
I don't feel insulted :D no worries. Hope it didn't seem I was bashing or defending myself. Just explaining. I really was torn between metalcloaks and core4x4. Spent weeks deciding.

You can ask for either I was told. They will put in a tapered poly joint or rubber ones if you want. I think only the poly one is tapered and was told the tapered poly ones are actually easier on the mounts and allow more flex Han rubber. One of the few instances I'd take poly over rubber for a Jeep.

Ps: your bumper is almost ready to be reattached to my jeep. Finishing last few coats of spray chassis paint. Can't wait!

Reactions: bobthetj03
After a great deal of careful planning, meticulous measurements and a financial investment of several dollars I installed blind spot mirrors on my throwback side view mirrors. I'm pretty sure I increased my MPG by at least 0.2%...

20170921_095519[1].jpg

Re sealed my hard top to get ready for winter. Will wait another week or 2 since it’s been 85 here in central Jersey and will continue for the next week or so. Sad to see the soft top go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JMT
Went from this:

View attachment 22332

To this:

View attachment 22331

4.5" RE Superfllex
35x12.50 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ's
Pro Comp series 69 wheels
Smittybilt XRC front bumper
Smittybilt SRC rear bumper with tire carrier
Superwinch LP8500
Chinese Truk lite knockoffs
Cheap Walmart driving lights
wow all that in a day ???...what did you do after lunch then ? lol

Yes please ..pic are a must. Its on my 'to do ' list as well
I didnt have time to cut the hood so I'll do it next summer. I'm going to do 2.5 hole saw and 10 holes and buy rubber 2.5 plugs and plug it during winter. Probably not needed for you but I like the idea of not having to wait longer for it to warm up in winter.

I didnt have time to cut the hood so I'll do it next summer. I'm going to do 2.5 hole saw and 10 holes and buy rubber 2.5 plugs and plug it during winter. Probably not needed for you but I like the idea of not having to wait longer for it to warm up in winter.
Yeah in those colder months it could be a long wait....Winters here are pretty mild..although 4 hours south of me it gets the snow and lower temps.

Reactions: Tj04
A general note most already know, but I thought I'd be fine this time: dont paint the hood louver outside. Also don't order the powder coat. The coating sucks. A bunch of bugs decided to kamakaze the hood louver so now it's got specs where bugs killed themselves just to annoy me. I swear they will do anything to make life frustrating. Whether it's buzzing in your face biting you or just dying to ruin your paint. Impressed by their "determination". Wish I had a paint booth.

Reactions: StG58