What did you do to your TJ today?

New Bestop seats went in today. Sit about 2 inches higher but work well.

8E332674-74F6-4609-9335-04BD3238A952.jpeg

57757DD7-4A80-43A9-B0A7-5BB0D36B66D0.jpeg

I'll never argue that the LS motors might be a better platform than the Dodge magnum V-8's but for ease of engine swaps if you have a 02 or older rig they are a cheaper and easier swap. Out of the box no the LS wins hands down in the power department but if you spend a little money you can get some respectable numbers from either the 5.2 or 5.9. Will they archive the MPG that a LS gets? No but I don't drive a TJ to compete with Prius.

Even if you used more inexpensive gauges you're still looking at $500 for a new dash of 6 gauges with turn signal indicators, parking brake & check engine lights & then if you're annul a 4x4 light. It all adds up. So being able to retain my stock dash was a HUGE deal in my choice of engines.

I've been wanting to find out of any of the shorty headers would work in a TJ frame and got lucky when someone posted in one of the FB magnum V-8 groups I belong to about these headers for a really great price. Even if I DON'T run these I can use them for mock up as I figure out my exhaust. Currently I have a pair of block hugger headers.

https://www.protuninglab.com/hds-dr96v8.html

View attachment 258870

They're suppose to be here tomorrow so we'll see.
I assume if you have an 03+, magnums are a bigger challenge?

How do these compare to the factory seats? Are they noticeably more comfy or more of a anesthetics thing? They look great!

they are a bit firmer and about 2 inches higher because of adapter. I’m 5’ 11” and still have headroom in car.

I assume they will loosen up a little. However you lose the fold up function for passenger seat.
I went with the trail max sport model which is middle of the line.

Reactions: TJ Starting
I assume if you have an 03+, magnums are a bigger challenge?

It's more about being LEGAL. While there a TONS of people who don't care about this. Even if you aren't some place that has emission testing if you follow Federal Laws you cannot swap an engine from a old model year into a newer model year vehicle. You must use an engine from the same or newer model year. There are some states that have other criteria but this is the reason why. The magnum engines were used up until 2002 and VERY rarely in 2003. So if you have a 2003-06 TJ/LJ IMO your best option is to use a Hemi. Also in 2001 the Wrangler went from a CCD to PCI form of communication so you have to make sure you have the correct wiring harness and PCM when swapping engines. And for those who want to keep a manual transmission with a 2001 or newer manual PCM's are hard to find. But you can get a automatic PCM flashed into a manual PCM.

Reactions: Apparition
Put in my new to me seat with the JK back rest and headrests. Can’t sit to call Bartact on Monday and explain I need a TJ lower and JK upper for my backseat cover 😂

View attachment 259015

That's pretty cool. I didn't know the JK seat back would fit on the TJ seat. Was is hard to get them together?

I am not near as tough as I used to be, rain doesn't bother me to bad, but snow it will have the windows in it :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I have driven a CJ5 with a Bikini top in the middle of winter. o_Oo_O

Yep the things I did when I was 20 I sure wouldn't want to try it NOW...

Enjoy the weather.

• Love
Reactions: John Cooper