What did you do to your TJ today?

Dude who looked at my Jeep today said it’s the nicest lofted Jeep he’s ever driven, which is cool as I wasn’t sure exactly how a lifted Jeep would drive. So even if he doesn’t buy it, I’m happier now keeping it.

He’s supposed to be selling a Jeep and buying mine tomorrow but i don’t care if he doesn’t. His compliments make me feel like I’ve done all the right things.

His biggest complaint was the bedlined interior chipping which he already knew and said he had a carpet ready for.
He’s likely to balk but I’m a okay with that

Reactions: Dunkut88TJ
Took it out for the family to enjoy! Nice reminder that every ride doesn’t have to be a trail or mud slinging!

B205873A-FBFC-4423-8AAC-9951EF12E2AA.jpeg

48FBF021-28B8-4F13-93F3-1CA845D701C1.jpeg

ED6C158D-0FC6-4672-ACAE-A291669EC18B.jpeg

I wanted it out of the way , its a wal mart plug with stereo adapter
Sorry.
Cleaned my weathertechs-View attachment 258716View attachment 258717
Listening to John Denver Live and getting breakfast...man I wish he was still here.

I bet Mcgyvers console looked just like this, a small coke, coconut long boys, a check book and cordless winch control.

View attachment 258717
if Me and @John Cooper slip over the wall we are gonna catch up and see what we can break in my V8.😁
Sorry, I’m still new here. What’s a checkbook?

Sorry, I’m still new here. What’s a checkbook?
Thing that had money in its account before I got a Jeep again

Wait are you saying you have to have money in that account before you use those pieces of paper in the checkbook? Damn now you tell me.... :D

Wait are you saying you have to have money in that account before you use those pieces of paper in the checkbook? Damn now you tell me.... :D
Well , now you are getting all technical.

Here is a funny one ...I paid 19 dollars a check for overdraft coverage on my business account around 2012. The economy had been awful, I was deeeep in debt. That year my fees were 10,000 dollars. Looking back , to buy the business I own for 10,000 dollars with those easy payments 😂was a deal.

It was so bad my own wife would not take a check on me. If I gave you cash you had to hold it 3 days.

My 03 TJR was something I did for myself for hanging in there.

Not today but over the weekend I took the grill off to remove the previous owners attempt to install LED headlights and to install the better looking replacement that I have.
Also drove three hours to pick up non-modified factory fenders to replace the ones the PO cut and welded.
IMG_0205.jpg

Replaced the u-joints...which may have turned into a thing. I had 2 friends helping. A while back I picked up a used Harbor Freight 12 ton press, so you already know where this is going. They were excited about using the press for this job, and I'm like I don't think we need the press for this, the 3 of us had already done several u joints with a vice and a BFH. Also, I must've said 5 times about how I've heard horror stories of guys bending the ears when using a press.

So me and one guy are working on one side, and sure enough, my other buddy is over there using the press to push it out. Or trying to, anyway. He wasn't able to get it out and once I saw him trying I pulled the plug on that operation, but it might've been too late. I should mention that these guys are XJ owners, and as you probably know XJ owners aren't known for their attention to detail.

Anyhoo, it got late so we stopped and I started back in the next morning. Sure enough, the side he was working on, the U joint would not slip in. Recognizing that I was probably already F'd, I was able to tap the u joint "a little" to get it to clear and then push in the end caps. Haven't given it a test drive yet, but naturally I'm pissed that my normally reliable help didn't follow my directions, and nervous that my axle isn't going to run right. I never know how freely new u joints are supposed to turn, but this one feels tighter than I think it should. I knew I would upgrade to chromoly's at some point, but I figured it would be after I broke them on the trail, not because of a friend who couldn't follow directions.

I'm sure a bunch of people will be all "I don't let unskilled friends touch my jeep" yeah, whatever. Half the fun of working on them is spending time with friends and learning new stuff, so I guess this is the price we occasionally have to pay. But I am pretty irritated at this one. Will report back after the test drive.