What did you do to your TJ today?

Is it a problem that I bought my Son an XJ but all’s I want to do now is tinker on it? Really digging this old rig. Taught my son, and myself, how to change the valve cover gasket today. Also figured we could bling things up a bit with some Hemi Orange. I promise to do something with my LJ and post a correct model jeep picture at some point. [emoji12]View attachment 22564

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Nothing wrong with the XJ, and that one looks real clean. I had a 95 years ago on 33's, locked, geared; did the Rubicon, Fordyce, and some other random stuff. It was a beast!

Well pictures speak louder than words, but you guys thought they were hard taking them off with factory loctite and paint? Try adding that additional layer of bedliner. Using @Chris ’s method and a blowtorch I got all 6 out on each door to align them with the striker. Yay no more fighting the new half doors!
343EA142-6917-4D88-935A-27A378A29563.jpeg
E998FF7C-F275-4411-97F6-D1A6071278DC.jpeg
3A6C66EE-B2BA-4BC7-9AB7-D7219574F6BD.jpeg

Reactions: Chris
Well pictures speak louder than words, but you guys thought they were hard taking them off with factory loctite and paint? Try adding that additional layer of bedliner. Using @Chris ’s method and a blowtorch I got all 6 out on each door to align them with the striker. Yay no more fighting the new half doors!
View attachment 22570 View attachment 22571 View attachment 22572

Yep, those things are a pain in the butt to get off. I replaced mine with stainless steel bolts with allen heads instead of the torx head.

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara
Installed new speakers today.

Stock:

e4bd0dbcd349402c324e10930f58c301.jpg

I didn’t find an adaptor locally and didn’t want to wait... so I made one

d9aa1a93c402a41a253451cfc3e0c6ef.jpg

This will do until I can get one in. Installing speakers that are held in with the same screw as the cover is interesting to say the least

0f96bdca8b83a00c99a124ca6534aae6.jpg

In the end they look and sound awesome!!

a4988304ccd6555b6638da20b780b378.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi

Duratracs? If so I love mine. Haven’t had any offroad issues with them either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Yup 5 new Duratracs.

So far I am pretty impressed although it has only been about an hour and a half. I do plan on playing around this weekend. Still trying to decide where to go.

I replaced the new, one week old, aftermarket 180* thermostat with the Gold Plated 195* MOPAR thermostat. It's simply amazing and stupid at the same time. This is the first time I've seen the temp gauge operate as it should, heat up to temp, thermostat opens and then you can see the temp cool down. It's crazy (or precision engineering) that an engine would be that sensitive. It was worth the $27.25 to know my cooling system is good, but the thermostat wasn't worth $27.25.
Oh, and I swapped out the spark plugs. I hope I didn't screw that up by upgrading to iridium tipped.

I replaced the new, one week old, aftermarket 180* thermostat with the Gold Plated 195* MOPAR thermostat. It's simply amazing and stupid at the same time. This is the first time I've seen the temp gauge operate as it should, heat up to temp, thermostat opens and then you can see the temp cool down. It's crazy (or precision engineering) that an engine would be that sensitive. It was worth the $27.25 to know my cooling system is good, but the thermostat wasn't worth $27.25.
Oh, and I swapped out the spark plugs. I hope I didn't screw that up by upgrading to iridium tipped.
It's worth it when it keeps your rig running correctly. Plus you replace it what, every 5-10 years?? Hell, people drop hundreds on exhaust for nothing more than to make it sound "cool."

Reactions: JoeTheCarGuy
It's worth it when it keeps your rig running correctly. Plus you replace it what, every 5-10 years?? Hell, people drop hundreds on exhaust for nothing more than to make it sound "cool."

I come from the world of 1st gen Chevy Small Block engines, cheap interchangeable, off the corner parts store shelf, parts. I find it hard to justify $27.25 for a $5.00 part.
But, it does seem to have corrected the problem, and that IS worth $27.25.

Reactions: Rob5589
Installed new speakers today.

Stock:

View attachment 22576

I didn’t find an adaptor locally and didn’t want to wait... so I made one

View attachment 22577

This will do until I can get one in. Installing speakers that are held in with the same screw as the cover is interesting to say the least

View attachment 22578

In the end they look and sound awesome!!

View attachment 22579

2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi

Replacement part #'s?

Oh no that was all just had to build the makeshift pigtails cause I really didn’t want to cut the factory wires when the part is $7-$10. So I’ll leave them like this until that comes in

poineer ts-a1375r speakers direct fit

2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi