What did you do to your TJ today?

MikekiM

TJ Enthusiast
Installed the Toyota 81110-60P70 kit today which includes a set of Koito H4 7" round headlight housings, 55W/60 bulbs and a H4 harness. The Koito housings will replace a set of Hella E Codes that I installed early last year.
At first observation there are a noticeable differences in the quality of the Koito headlight housings over the Hella's.
The Koito glass lens is much clearer where the Hella lens has a slight haze to them, the housing rear reflector has more reflection and the seal where the glass meets the housing give the appearance of a better quality seal. The H4 harness is the quality you would expect from Toyota.
Purchased this kit from a Toyota online dealer in Richmond, Kentucky for $53.99 for a total of $64.97 which includes tax and shipping.
Hella has a good reputation, IPF is better from what I have heard, but Koito is better than both...
Tonight I will drive around to see if there is a difference in the quality of light on the road.
Just ordered a set today. $41.88 out the door. Parts department is walking distance from my office. No shipping.

Replacing a practically new set of Amazon Truck Lite knockoffs. Haven’t figured out what bulbs to run yet

Had a set of IPF in my last JK and loved them but for $42 couldn’t pass them up.

CharlesHS

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Just ordered a set today. $41.88 out the door. Parts department is walking distance from my office. No shipping.

Replacing a practically new set of Amazon Truck Lite knockoffs. Haven’t figured out what bulbs to run yet

Had a set of IPF in my last JK and loved them but for $42 couldn’t pass them up.
Interesting that you had IPFs in your JK; that is what I had in the 2011 JK that I sold my brother.
These bulbs are what came with the kit and they work quite well with a dedicated harness.

IMG_9917.jpg

Reactions: John Cooper

MikekiM

TJ Enthusiast
Interesting that you had IPFs in your JK; that is what I had in the 2011 JK that I sold my brother.
These bulbs are what came with the kit and they work quite well with a dedicated harness.

View attachment 282880
I was really really happy with the IPFs but the Toyota kit seems to have equal or better quality, includes bulbs and a harness and for the price of just one IPF housing alone.

Reactions: CharlesHS

CharlesHS

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
My wife woke up puking at 230am while camping. She tried to shake it, but after listening to her vomit for an hour outside the tent I made her lay down and packed up camp at 4am. Sooo, I packed up my TJ and drove it home to nurse her to health 😂😂
Hopefully what ever she has wont take 9 months to get better.....

Moglocker

TJ Enthusiast

Oh I know,I think I’ll buy the yota set just for backup lenses for my hella,what a deal!the hella set has the ceramic plugs for heat,but it was separate item