What did you do to your TJ today?

Installed a dual USB 3.0 charging station with voltage display and pushbutton to activate and deactivate the charging station.
Ran a dedicated circuit with a 10A fuse in the fuse block behind the glove compartment.

64935968437__134BCEFB-8ED2-4127-9373-5E9BE22900A5.jpg64935965490__E0528CED-9339-4D78-8A39-45697DDB298A.jpg

Last edited:
Found this hanging down today. Anyone have any idea what it is? (It’s the blurry thing in the foreground of the second photo)

View attachment 268036

View attachment 268037

Found the same thing shortly after purchasing my '01 Sport 4.0L.
There are two vents you will find routed thru the engine compartment; the first is attached to the drivers side of the radiator support which is for the Dana 30 vent and the second one I believe is for the transfer case vent which is located against the firewall near the brake vacuum booster.

As per the recent thread on door sill protection, Rugged Ridge door sills. Overall, I really like them, although they could be about an inch longer.
View attachment 268194
They are a pretty good fit, I have had mine on for about 10 months, I wasn't sure if they go far forward or far back because they are a little short so I put mine on even space but possibly would have been better a bit more forward.

They are a pretty good fit, I have had mine on for about 10 months, I wasn't sure if they go far forward or far back because they are a little short so I put mine on even space but possibly would have been better a bit more forward.
Yea, I had to make that same decision - I biased mine forward, for better or worse. There's paint wear on both ends so in the end it probably doesn't matter much...

Reactions: Fishtaco
Does it hit your windshield when you put the hood all the way up?
I put a plastic vent cover on mine and the corners dented my hood when I put it all the way up :(
Oh no that’s not good! The led mount does not touch the windshield! Half way through the install that was my thought too! But no it does not touch

Reactions: John Cooper
Bestop hardtop cart came in yesterday, ordered an alien shade today.
Been running door less for the last few weeks now I'm about to blow the lid off this thing

Checked my transfer skid plate bolts to make sure they would come out without spinning the nutserts in preparation for removing the kid and installing my Savvy transfer shifter cable. I also lowered each side down just a little bit to check the frame for rust. Seen some minor surface rust so I’ll be cleaning that up and repaint it while the skid is off.

I think I’ll add a washer or two between the frame and skid just to give it a little air gap between the frame and skid.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on doing that?

I‘ve had Friday and today off work but didn’t install the cable shifter. Heat indexes close to 110° here and it’s too hot to be in my shop that long. The air is so thick you could winch off of it.

What was I thinking starting something like this in the worst part of summer in the southeast?

So, I drove it to Dairy Queen instead and got ice cream. 🙂

Reactions: zebra12
The Motive Power Bleeder I ordered arrived today, so I ran by the store, bought 2 big bottles of DOT4, and went to the garage. I used every fan I have out there and still had sweat dripping off my head.

The brake fluid is now flushed and refilled since I-don't-know-when (sometime before I purchased it), but the fluid that came out was dark and stank.

Not knowing what to expect, I had dumped both bottles into the bleeder, and only ended up needing one. Pretty much wasted the second one. I'd rather get a new small bottle than keep a big one that's been opened, completely poured out once, and then put back into its container. Luckily it's pretty cheap stuff.

Got the UCF no-BL skid and a new Mopar transmission mount in. I’m hoping to get to that on the next few weeks.

I also got my Next Venture rear bumper in. Got it primed and painted this morning and then spent far too long getting the stock bumper and tire hitch off. Then I spent some time cleaning up the frame, cross members and gas tank skid and primed and painted them. Finally, I got the bumper on with a few bolts until I can pick up a few new drill bits to put in the rest.

The bumper has an opening at the hitch, so I just had to make the matching hole in the crossmember to be able to use my hitches and bike rack without modifying them. I’ll get the rest of the bolts in tomorrow and spend some more time and go through a bunch more flap discs trying to clean up more of the frame.

59205F6C-92D6-41F5-9179-C2E1DA1DDDA5.jpeg

EE440CE8-443C-4DDF-AB71-CC2C6F29AA16.jpeg

CF3BC0F6-C42D-4F37-92BF-5FC49DE89D5B.jpeg