Rock Stacker
Supporting Member
Nice work! that looks so slick, I might shamelessly copy this :cool:
Haha, I will help you along:

1)1/4-20 gr8 bolt 1" long
1)1/4-20 flange nut
1)1/4-20 coupling nut
1)1/4-20 X 1" ram ball

I had thought to make a plate to span the two screws that hold the bezel on, but a 1/4" slot was already there. The only mod I did was to trim the plastic back enough to fit the flange nut (which is a nice feature but a washer and standard nut would work too).

some blue loctite if you are prone to mistakes or red if you are like

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AHCUNG2/?tag=wranglerorg-20

This may be stronger, but you will have to trim the stud most likely:

I made mine to hold one item but these things are super configurable:

put a magnet on the face??

Different lengths arms, etc.

Last edited:

Tsandershsa

Trail Rider
Supporting Member
Been having problems with the fuel pump on my 97 TJ for a couple of weeks so yesterday I pulled the gas tank and today I cleaned up the skid plate and painted it and cleaned the gas tank and while I was in there I converted it from a 15 gal to a 19 gal tank… now where is that Amazon truck!

00141E77-402B-4B3C-9BD8-9BDC8BAC93BC.jpeg

F46A0EE1-8D71-4984-AF87-899FDD9E8CEB.jpeg

Moglocker

TJ Enthusiast
Been having problems with the fuel pump on my 97 TJ for a couple of weeks so yesterday I pulled the gas tank and today I cleaned up the skid plate and painted it and cleaned the gas tank and while I was in there I converted it from a 15 gal to a 19 gal tank… now where is that Amazon truck!

View attachment 283285

View attachment 283286
Good luck getting that bigazz nut back on,you have to hit it with a dead blow hammer

Reactions: Tsandershsa

Don Ashcraft

TJ Enthusiast

MikekiM

TJ Enthusiast
View attachment 283220
It is specifically for my Garmin Overlander. I gave up on my iPad running Gaia. I was missing turns by 100’ pretty often. Some trails are hard to back up that far.

I found the same with Gaia.. Seems work well when I am backpacking but things happen much faster on the road and Gaia can't keep up.

Now... tell me about those gauges!! Those are sweet!

I swapped out Amazon TruckLite Knockoffs for a set of the Toyota H4's. It's a work in progress. Much improved pattern but still need to install the harness and 100/80's.. Bulbs arrived from Q-Tec today but won't be able to do the harness until the weekend. Also got a pair of front & rear OE style stock bumper end caps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blondie70 and WSS

WSS

Rock Stacker
Supporting Member
I found the same with Gaia.. Seems work well when I am backpacking but things happen much faster on the road and Gaia can't keep up.

Now... tell me about those gauges!! Those are sweet!

I swapped out Amazon TruckLite Knockoffs for a set of the Toyota H4's. It's a work in progress. Much improved pattern but still need to install the harness and 100/80's.. Bulbs arrived from Q-Tec today but won't be able to do the harness until the weekend. Also got a pair of front & rear OE style stock bumper end caps.
Gaia seemed like the answer. I have been running Garmin since the mid 90's. A few updates ago, they left us off roaders out to dry, street level nav was great but we lost a lot of trail functions, especially in basecamp. Hopefully the Overlander makes up for the lost details.

I bought the bezel here:

The gauge are here:

Marshall also sells a full kit on ebay I think.

I cerakoted the bezel in "titanium". The project was bigger than I had expected. You will need to run all new wiring from all the senders/sensors. The pin outs are mostly a data bus inside the dash.

IMG_5589_zps96xim5hn.jpg

IMG_5594_zps4zjt5tms.jpg

IMG_6246.jpg

IMG_6364.jpg

IMG_6699.jpg

Plus the speedo maximizes the capability of my TJ. I plan to swap out the spark plugs to champions and then we will see full potential....... :unsure:
🤷‍♂️

Last edited: