What did you do to your TJ today?

3rd times a charm. Maybe.

I was bored yesterday so I installed the 3rd Mastertop I have sitting sitting in my garage.

Quadratec sent me a 3rd replacement top for the issue I've been having even though I requested a Bestop.

This top fits much better than the other two tops. The top section is much tighter, no slack. The side windows fit perfect, but the rear window was very sloppy. So I frankensteined the top by using the rear window from one of the other tops.

Everything fit nice, Road tested and much quieter than the 2 previous tops. I have yet to take it on the highway to see how it sounds at 65mph. If its all good, I'll keep it.
After reading this I was curious and went to the Qtec site, This was my favorite part of your review:

"This is by far the worst top I ever had on any of my jeeps. The noise that is generated by this top is so bad. The flapping starts at 30mph and becomes so bad on the highway at 60-70mph,it sounds like the top in going to tear off."

Yesterday and today were spent sorting out the front end. Since the lift my bump stops were misaligned at even partial compression and the track bar needed adjusting. I had ordered all the Moog parts to replace the tie rod and drag link with the heavier JT setup. I replaced the bump stop spacer that was in my kit with 3 hockey pucks on the lower perches. I centered the axle as well and reworked the alignment.
I still have a bit of negative caster, but that can wait. I have some new Rubicon flares that are going on tomorrow to keep from slinging crap into the cab. The 35x10.50’s are going to tuck nicely into the flares.

How come that sandwich doesn’t fall apart , hangin down under ?
🤣
Lots of mayo and I eat it upside down. 😉
UpsideDownWhopper.jpg

I'm not a big decal person on my Jeep, but I ask my daughter to bring me this one back from their family trip to South Florida.
View attachment 268551
This is the decal wife bought me on our Northern Territory trip last week, I think its a bit too much to put on the TJ though. Man I am too old now :(

That paint job by the way is way too Black! Its so Black even the white bits are Black lol

NT Darwin.jpg

Last edited:
After reading this I was curious and went to the Qtec site, This was my favorite part of your review:

"This is by far the worst top I ever had on any of my jeeps. The noise that is generated by this top is so bad. The flapping starts at 30mph and becomes so bad on the highway at 60-70mph,it sounds like the top in going to tear off."
I still stand by my assessment of this top. I thought perhaps 3rd time would be a charm, but it's not.
It fit much tighter than the others when I installed it, but after driving around for a couple of days, it loosened up and is just as bad.

I just got of the Phone with Qtec and they are now shipping me a Bestop.

Last edited:
I thought perhaps 3rd time would be a charm, but it's not.
It fit much tighter than the others when I installed it, but after driving around for a couple of days, it loosened up and is just as bad.
You got lucky! I had a similar experience with wives. ;)
p.s. Note to self; Don't marry prostitutes.

Yea, I had to make that same decision - I biased mine forward, for better or worse. There's paint wear on both ends so in the end it probably doesn't matter much...

OEM on my 05 TJ has some sort of clear film on the door sills. Mine are getting close to moving on my 'to do' list to replace. Been wondering what the replacement solution for that will be. I like the clear film.

I was planning to do bedliner up and over the doorsills but I'm now looking way from bedlining the inner - so I'll need to find a new clear film alternative replacement.

OEM on my 05 TJ has some sort of clear film on the door sills. Mine are getting close to moving on my 'to do' list to replace. Been wondering what the replacement solution for that will be. I like the clear film.

I was planning to do bedliner up and over the doorsills but I'm now looking way from bedlining the inner - so I'll need to find a new clear film alternative replacement.
It looks like clear book binder's tape to me...