What did you do to your TJ today?

Completely stupid, huh? I've painted a couple or three - its the norm here. Probably because most people don't use their garages to park their cars in. Expensive car stays out in the weather and the garage is full of worthless junk.

People turn around in my driveway from time to time because I'm literally the ONLY house on my street that has an empty driveway because my cars are in the garage. I was expecting a delivery from a local business one time. They sent their teenaged son out to deliver. I received a phone call, "When are you going to be home?" "I'm home now..." "Our son just called and said there's nobody home..." I look out the window, "Is he in a blah, blah blah..." "Yes..." "Well, he's sitting in my driveway!". Idiot kid couldn't comprehend that my two cars were INSIDE the garage - that's how unusual it is!
I’m EXACTLY the same way!
Here’s what Webster says:

garage (gar-ahj) n. - 1. an enclosed facility of various dimensions either attached to or detached from a residential domicile which houses or stores items that wouldn’t make $100.00 in a garage sale while one or more vehicles worth at least $30,000.00 sit outside in the elements.
2. a place where bands consisting of teen-aged members will rehearse (loudly)

309E029A-C79E-4098-8C0B-CE52665DB803.jpeg

Are there any decent carports out there that aren’t cheesy/cheap looking??

• Haha
Reactions: Ephry73
Silly question here re garages! How comes USA drywall garages are flushed but never painted? 99% of Aussie garages are brick so fair face jointed but if a garage is drywall its finished fully and painted by the builder.
My garage is textured and painted. When I move home (Oregon) I will probably repaint it because I will be mostly retired and bored.

• Haha
Reactions: Vasq
Installed rear fog lights last weekend.
Also installed new stereo. Working on the sub woofer, running into clearance problems...

Trimmed the support ribs behind the subwoofer, but it's hitting the enclosure on the top.
Any advice?
Can I sand it down a bit? I don't think that will be enough...

Trimmed the support ribs behind the subwoofer, but it's hitting the enclosure on the top.
Any advice?
Can I sand it down a bit? I don't think that will be enough...
I had to use a heat gun to soften up the plastic then massage it into shape
Don't push it too far or it hits the storage bin

Are there any decent carports out there that aren’t cheesy/cheap looking??
I think it is one of those very subjective things. Function and form don't necessarily translate into architectural beauty for carports, unless it was part of the original design, or you fork out some good money to design and build something custom.

Garages turned into rooms and the cars out there exposed to the elements and the crackheads was always a headshaker for me. Of course there are priorities, but I am a car guy at heart and a big garage that I can finish or is finished already is a priority. I would sacrifice yard space for a nice deck and a nicer garage.

That's pretty cool. What's the deal - does he charge to do that?

yes, but it's not bad when you consider the source files you get, ordered a print using the file for my office. Probably going to get one of the Toyota as well.

I think it is one of those very subjective things. Function and form don't necessarily translate into architectural beauty for carports, unless it was part of the original design, or you fork out some good money to design and build something custom.

Garages turned into rooms and the cars out there exposed to the elements and the crackheads was always a headshaker for me. Of course there are priorities, but I am a car guy at heart and a big garage that I can finish or is finished already is a priority. I would sacrifice yard space for a nice deck and a nicer garage.
I looked into having a garage built in my property but my township is being difficult about it. I would need to start off with grading/impermeable surface contracting just to bring plans for a garage into the picture. So entertaining other options knowing it’s unlikely unless I decide to move.

• Wow
Completely stupid, huh? I've painted a couple or three - its the norm here. Probably because most people don't use their garages to park their cars in. Expensive car stays out in the weather and the garage is full of worthless junk.

People turn around in my driveway from time to time because I'm literally the ONLY house on my street that has an empty driveway because my cars are in the garage. I was expecting a delivery from a local business one time. They sent their teenaged son out to deliver. I received a phone call, "When are you going to be home?" "I'm home now..." "Our son just called and said there's nobody home..." I look out the window, "Is he in a blah, blah blah..." "Yes..." "Well, he's sitting in my driveway!". Idiot kid couldn't comprehend that my two cars were INSIDE the garage - that's how unusual it is!
I have 4 motorcycles and a scooter in my garage--hardly full of worthless junk. The cars can stand to stay outside in this horrid weather we get along the central coast of California.

I have 4 motorcycles and a scooter in my garage--hardly full of worthless junk. The cars can stand to stay outside in this horrid weather we get along the central coast of California.
Yes, and the fog will keep then wet enough to rust out in less than 10 years! Ask me how I know this...

Bullshit. I've lived here since 1976. I've owned many vehicles for longer than 10 years. None of them rusted out. It's called preventative maintenance.
Bullshit right back at you. I was born there. I lived there from 1963 to 2017. Yes, PM helps - a LOT. But its a constant fight against rust.