What did you do to your TJ today?

Years of ignoring my baby boy because of work :)sick:). I'm finally getting around to doing some cosmetic and frivolous things...including a NM vanity plate. (THOR is in North Carolina) I bought a case of Flat Black spray paint and some sandpaper. hahaha! So many little spots want to clean up and cover.

I did discover that you CANNOT use the mesh grill headlight covers AND the "Angry" grill together. :mad:

front grill.jpg

Jeep rear.jpg

• Dislike
  • Angry
Reactions: lBasket and 5632
That groove looks like a milling machine made it. It's definitely an end mill cut. Not sure why it's there though.

Not sure if we're talking about the same feature. There is that notch at the top of the cap, I believe that is to keep it in place or something, I'm talking about the "gouge" line that runs the length of the cap.

Fantastic! So is the Wagtail! :)
Thanks it wasn't too much off the beaten trail either...

They say when a Fantail follows you its the spirit of a loved one wanting to make contact....I'd say it just thought I was carrying a sandwich lol

I haven’t driven my TJ in over a week and have hardly been on this forum. Don’t feel bad for me though, took the wife out west to explore the Rockies. Looking forward to a Jeep gathering Saturday and some wheeling Sunday! I have saved significant money not trolling here, and managed to reduce my “Jeep anxiety” !

Enjoy these alpine lakes…I know I did

3DE95A79-E395-4734-BA59-59E6D2B8A8A8.jpeg

609A1FEA-747D-439D-897E-2E0A87473E09.jpeg

CEC94B42-648F-4781-BE39-AE33E8B349AD.jpeg

Great looking LJ! Why are you getting rid the white one? I think I see a hood louver on your LJ. Since you just bought it I have to assume that you did not put it on. Care to share a picture? I'd like to see how its holding up. I have a louver but just cant cut the hood, yet.
Just too many vehicles!! Louvers on both, no issues whatsoever to speak of. The only question I have, is the louver really worth it... I would think that the cooling system itself would take care of any excess heat? and will downpours affect anything? Letting in that much water? Anyways...the white one should be gone this afternoon.. time to focus on the LJ...
IMG_3059.jpg

Just too many vehicles!! Louvers on both, no issues whatsoever to speak of. The only question I have, is the louver really worth it... I would think that the cooling system itself would take care of any excess heat? and will downpours affect anything? Letting in that much water? Anyways...the white one should be gone this afternoon.. time to focus on the LJ...View attachment 270112
The cooling system handles most any conditions but underwood temps get very very hot. I have made the mistake of quickly grabbing the hood prop bar after a long drive on a hot day and got surprised by how hot it was. There is also a bulletin about fuel atomizing in the #3 fuel injector causing rough idling after a short shutdown of hot engine. My 06 does it regularly. Starting after a 5-10 minute shutdown will cause rough idling. My LJ had the modification of heat shielding when built at the factory but still does it.