What did you do to your TJ today?

Went to clean up the Jeep for a show tomorrow, only to get muddy Sunday and noticed a nail in the tire!! 🤬 Decided to rip that sucker out and see if it had punctured. I assumed not since I hadn’t driven the Jeep in over a week and the tire hadn’t lost air. I put some soap on it and saw a tiny bubble so took it to a shop to double check. No hole and no charge, good folks. I gave her the old “half-ass” clean, son wanted to rock the half doors. We haven’t had doors on in about 3 months, or the top!

2F6D22DF-B2AC-419A-9692-B6E982504574.jpeg

3CAB4D03-EEF9-4926-9E5E-2F0D6D502DE0.jpeg

448E718C-68DF-4261-9207-7F1E94D7FA53.jpeg

What paint did you use I’m going to sand blast my frame next week and paint after and was wondering what type of paint I should use. I also read on the forum somewhere to wipe it down with some type of chemicals before paint to prevent rust can’t remember what it was maybe some type of zinc
Krylon Rust Tough Semi Flat… its as close to the stock frame paint color as I have seen

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...unce-semi-flat-black-spray-paint/kry3/rta9203

Reactions: Dunkut88TJ
While the trans is out I noticed my NSS had a bent pin and the pigtail looked rough, so I spliced/soldered in a new one. This one was easy because the pigtail plugs in on both ends so I could take it out of the car. The speedo cable looks similar but that one doesn't easily come out, so I may have to resort to butt/crimp splice.

Also, the plunger on the new NSS is a little bit longer....hopefully that won't cause a problem. Don't really know how that mechanism works; if being pushed in lets it start or not start. I guess we'll find out. Maybe that's what different from the 240 & 240T part number?

image0.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg

Pretty small town. Wheelin buddy of mine moved down there a couple years ago. Part of the freedom trail runs just outside town.

Shatt sorry , was thinking Boise ID.

I am 2 hours east of Bouse on the southwest side of Phoenix. Been through there a mess of times in me Big Truck going to Vegas.

Reactions: All 4 Wheelin'
Old axle is pulled, lunchbox locker moved to new axle carrier. Upper control arms relocated but the lowers are seized bad. Since you can't really cut the bolts or heat them without ruining the bushing I guess I took the opportunity to get something a bit better than stock. Got some adjustable lowers coming. Went with T2 core 4x4 seems like a pretty good budget arm with at least one JJ

Pulled out the front diff and did mods to right front upper control arm mount. Installed 8 new control arms. Installed new 3” Rancho MOAB springs RS shocks all round. Drop auto bash plate and do mods to allow for front driveshaft drop. Replace rear disc brake slide bolt rubbers/slides. Install new front seat belts. To be continued 😎