What did you do to your TJ today?

installed a ham radio this weekend. Installed the head unit and antenna yesterday. finished up this morning running power through the firewall to the battery. Was able to hit a local repeater and received a good signal report.

Jerry, KN4SYO/mobile

F7534466-A907-4BF8-8E16-FA56F990735D.jpeg

This was yesterday morning, but I did some light compound work and polish. Still may lay some wax on it this afternoon. Need to get around to detailing the rest. Almost 20 year old paint job looks good though!!

68E81E64-C278-45AA-BC5D-DD090580A056.jpeg

20C771B5-14D7-4B40-BADC-DB5BAD9DD661.jpeg

F4E6EDD2-0464-43FE-BADB-3B44AD00B88E.jpeg

Got the transmission in around 3am Saturday morning... Then yesterday buttoned everything back up, including a new trans pan with a drain plug & welded in a bung for a trans temp gauge. Put 4 quarts in, no leaks over night. It will be completely typical to not have to drain the trans for a long time now that I've got the drain plug in the pan.

Still can't prime the oil pump. I have a new Melling pickup tube coming today, if I can't get it primed by the time AutoZone gets it in, I'll drop the pan again, replace the tube, and pack it with petroleum jelly. I really don't want to have to do that.

Being that I am no longer allowed to do this kind of stuff @ work. I got my ass outside early before the heat and humidity kicked it and installed my UCF skid. I did have to modify it slightly to clear the front lower control arm mounts. I have no idea why they do it but UFC extends the front of the skid approx 3.5"
thumbnail_IMG_2845.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2846.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2848.jpg

Can you say that about something you bought at hazard fraught? Mine still works but you might want to grease the moving parts just in case.
You have a great point and I generally despise their products. However, up till now I've been having to stack cinder blocks and use 2 ton bottle jack. Screw that.

I'm about to change front control arms and hopefully this will work better. I'll certainly take your advice and check and grease all the moving parts.