What did you do to your TJ today?

IMG_9718 (1).jpg

I went down to New Smyrna Beach early this morning and took the Jeep for a drive on the beach....

I started working on this…View attachment 272171
I didn’t take an after picture, but I can assure you it’s only a little bit better 😂

I’ll need to tackle the engine bay on an “engine only” day. Not a deep clean the mud out of the interior, outside, cut the grass, and then the engine.
Been there. Trust me.

I do automotive labeling so I did something I've been wanting to do for a while, I remade and moved the vin label from the door jamb to under the hood above the catalyst label (yes it's legal for the owner to do). I put a smaller barcode in the jamb that can be scanned that to get the vin, not that I ever take it to a dealer or oil change place that would scan it, but it's there if I do. I printed it on matte silver instead of white, thinking it would look better. I guess I'll eventually reprint the catalyst label on silver to match. While I was at it, I figured, how often does anyone actually get information from the catalyst label? Why not make something that can actually be useful? So I made a new one with general maintenance info.

tj1.png

tj2.png

Installed a cheap radio receiver $20 to replace the one that I had to reconnect Bluetooth to my phone every time I turned the Jeep on.

I do automotive labeling so I did something I've been wanting to do for a while, I remade and moved the vin label from the door jamb to under the hood above the catalyst label (yes it's legal for the owner to do). I put a smaller barcode in the jamb that can be scanned that to get the vin, not that I ever take it to a dealer or oil change place that would scan it, but it's there if I do. I printed it on matte silver instead of white, thinking it would look better. I guess I'll eventually reprint the catalyst label on silver to match. While I was at it, I figured, how often does anyone actually get information from the catalyst label? Why not make something that can actually be useful? So I made a new one with general maintenance info.

View attachment 272192

View attachment 272193
Very interesting idea.

Thanks to the impeccable @AndyG We got my lower control arms replaced and front axle centered.

Spent about 3 hours pouring sweat in 100% humidity fighting it tooth and nail, but in the end it drives and tracks so much better now. Having Andy there really made all the difference as I probably couldn't have tackled this alone. He REALLY knows his stuff and will give you the shirt off his back.

On to the cable shifter (which didn't come with instructions).

Thanks to the impeccable @AndyG We got my lower control arms replaced and front axle centered.

Spent about 3 hours pouring sweat in 100% humidity fighting it tooth and nail, but in the end it drives and tracks so much better now. Having Andy there really made all the difference as I probably couldn't have tackled this alone. He REALLY knows his stuff and will give you the shirt off his back.

Haven’t watched it but it’s the first thing to come up

Knowing @AndyG he probably sat back drinking sweet tea and giving directions, then pointing out what you are doing wrong!!!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Haven’t watched it but it’s the first thing to come up

Awesome!!! I'll be honest I hadn't even looked there or here on the forum yet for instructions. Andy, who has put one in before, and I are gonna tackle it in the next week or 2. He says he can do it without removing the skid or drive shaft.

Thank you though. I can get my head wrapped around the process.

Awesome!!! I'll be honest I hadn't even looked there or here on the forum yet for instructions. Andy, who has put one in before, and I are gonna tackle it in the next week or 2. He says he can do it without removing the skid or drive shaft.

Thank you though. I can get my head wrapped around the process.
It’s not too bad and worth it when complete.

Knowing @AndyG he probably sat back drinking sweet tea and giving directions, then pointing out what you are doing wrong!!!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Man it was my pleasure. Had a great time.

Coop, I’m liking those tires more and more 😂😂