What did you do to your TJ today?

Replaced the dried out valve cover grommets and fittings, but kept the old fittings as spares.

IMG_9738.jpg
IMG_9739.jpg
IMG_9733.jpg

IMG_9740.jpg
IMG_9735.jpg
IMG_9737.jpg

Last edited:
Got rid of the heavy front bumper and replaced it with a stock one I got from @Squatch last week. Stopped by his place and got a great look at his projects and a very nice visit. Great guy, I ended up leaving with not only the front bumper, he threw in a rear stock bumper all for the low low price of free!

Wish I would have put a little more thought into the finished length, I would have liked it a little longer, but it’ll work.

View attachment 272351

View attachment 272352

View attachment 272353
What length did you cut it to?

Found these on CL portland.
Called, made a full price offer ($500.00) and seller claimed I was the first person to follow his directions when replying.
He is an old grumpy coot just like me.
He graciously allowed me the privilege of buying them from him.
It was a 5 hour drive one way, and old boy and myself hit it off.
He ended up giving me two uppers, and what looks like factory slider windows that fits into the fabric of the upper.
Way too freaking cool!
Now, once I buy my armor, I'll paint it body color along with the half doors.
20210822_104734.jpg
20210822_102544.jpg
20210822_101617.jpg
20210822_101605.jpg

Called, made a full price offer ($500.00) and seller claimed I was the first person to follow his directions when replying.
He ended up giving me two uppers, and what looks like factory slider windows that fits into the fabric of the upper.
Way too freaking cool!
Now, once I buy my armor, I'll paint it body color along with the half doors.View attachment 272386View attachment 272387View attachment 272388View attachment 272389
Score!!! Here's to "old grumpy coots"!!! (y)

Way too freaking cool!
Now, once I buy my armor, I'll paint it body color along with the half doors.View attachment 272386View attachment 272387View attachment 272388View attachment 272389
Looked at the same ones! Just couldn’t make the drive. Glad you got em!

Looked at the same ones! Just couldn’t make the drive. Glad you got em!
I've been searching for a reasonably priced set for awhile. Everything just seemed to "align" perfectly, and I feel lucky to have ended up with them.
Gotta find mirrors and lock cylinders, then paint. That will be the falls winter project...
By the way, these have tan liners and I need black. Anyone have black liners at a reasonable price?

Ordered the JJ tools and Red Line lube for the new Savvy kit before it goes in.

Many say they're already lubed but some have reported it's minimal. I don't play in clay (that I know of) but Rauch Creek does have a weirdly reddish mud in spots and I'm no dirt expert.

My build has time so why not... I'll need the tools eventually anyway.

Did a bunch today. Got the hooks for the doors installed in the garage. Installed 5.25 speaker in the dash and wired up the front LED cubes to my voswitch.

View attachment 272575

View attachment 272576

Just watch where the window frame meets up with the door above the door latch. Mine have both cracked and that's only from me carrying them around and up/down stair in/out of previous apartments. Both mine have cracked there and have small (visible) rust. Mine lived on the Jeep's latches or on the floor in the apartment(s)/garage) when off the Jeep otherwise.

I'd assume hanging them from the frames can accelerate or exacerbate this.

Just watch where the window frame meets up with the door above the door latch. Mine have both cracked and that's only from me carrying them around and up/down stair in/out of previous apartments. Both mine have cracked there and have small (visible) rust. Mine lived on the Jeep's latches or on the floor in the apartment(s)/garage) when off the Jeep otherwise.

I'd assume hanging them from the frames can accelerate or exacerbate this.
Interesting. I’ll keep an eye on it. Thanks for the heads up, hadn’t heard anything before

Agree totally, I’d never hang a door that way , weakest spot is stressed.
Will keep an eye on it. At least I have two hangars per door so it isn’t just on one spot. Seen a lot of people do it this way but will definitely make sure nothing is happening to them and try to see if there’s a better way to hang them. Don’t really have any other option but to hang them in the garage so any other options would be appreciated

Will keep an eye on it. At least I have two hangars per door so it isn’t just on one spot. Seen a lot of people do it this way but will definitely make sure nothing is happening to them and try to see if there’s a better way to hang them. Don’t really have any other option but to hang them in the garage so any other options would be appreciated
Find a set of body hinges and mount them to a 2x4 mounted to the wall, one for each door, that's what I am working towards.

Reactions: FarFire70
Just stack some wood blocks on the floor to catch some of the weight.

Reactions: John Cooper
Just stack some wood blocks on the floor to catch some of the weight.
Thanks, I think we have some extra wood lying around somewhere and I will set those up. Much appreciated for the help, definitely don’t wanna ruin my doors :) my previous Jeep had a set of half doors so I never really had to deal (and lived at my parents so lots of garage space ha)

Changed my left front caliper, used Saran Wrap under the reservoir lid....so my fluid would not dump . Worked great .

Reactions: John Cooper