What did you do to your TJ today?

Well we went to the Jeep Invasion and I found 2 things folks on here have been looking for, for a long time!!!!
First just for @Fishtaco a set of white wheels for his Jeep.
View attachment 273644
Second everybody keeps hearing about @AndyG and his Jeep he calls the beast, now mind you this "Beast" has never been seen by anyone other than @AndyG but today he debuts it at the Invasion. For your viewing pleasure the "Beast"
View attachment 273646View attachment 273647
What are those white wheels made of! they look like plastic? :) If I got them in 15 inchers they would look like sink strainers!

Cant really drive anywhere due to lockdown, so this weekend was operation 'Engine clean' Re-painted all the filler caps in blue ( the old blue paint has been on there for about 4 years) then cleaned up the engine, hoses, valve cover etc.
IMG_0708.jpg
IMG_0709.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Kiwi TJ
I really need to find your patience to do this 😂
Patience had nothing to do with it lol...just boredom...cabin fever its starting to set in 🤪.Stuck in the house all day so Im looking for stuff to do with what I have in the garage haha

I understand. I feel that way on my days off, how long did it take you to detail the engine?
I started off just wanting to repaint the filler caps and between coats I started cleaning....then it got out of hand lol and I was a man of a mission.
I just cranked the radio up and half a dozen rags,...took maybe 2 hours.

I started off just wanting to repaint the filler caps and between coats I started cleaning....then it got out of hand lol and I was a man of a mission.
I just cranked the radio up and half a dozen rags,...took maybe 2 hours.
Nicely done, what do you use? I use simple green but it still seems to require much effort lol

I been having high idle problems. Spraying cleaner into the IAC port would help for a short time. Finally got pissed off enough to pull the throttle body for a better, more proper cleaning.

Watched a video. This bloke seemed to make it look easy.

So off into the garage I went. Pulled it apart. Cleaned the housing inside. Put it all back together. Went for a 10 mile trip. So far, so good.
throttlebody001.jpg

throttlebody002.jpg

I had them in there to start with, but they weren't sitting right and looked a bit odd in there. I looked at getting the OEM style switches to replace those blanks but I like the look of
I had them in there to start with, but they weren't sitting right and looked a bit odd in there. I looked at getting the OEM style switches to replace those blanks but I like the look of these rocker switches :)
I found these at Quadratec. They illuminate when in use & look like they could be factory.

F4D67238-28E3-45C6-A4EA-8EC901AF12FE.jpeg