What did you do to your TJ today?

Oh I know,gonna have to do it,but just getting all the hangers cut and shortened,and converter bypassed is a big thing finished

(y) Not looking forward to the exhaust work as I wrap up my TT. Exhaust and body work are the bane(s) of my existence for every vehicle I have owned... o_O

Word of advice: if you cut that tip back (good idea to do), weld on a turn down either pointed down to the ground or off to the side. My rear bumper (and hitch mount) rusted hard from the exhaust going straight out of the pipe nearby.

(y) Not looking forward to the exhaust work as I wrap up my TT. Exhaust and body work are the bane(s) of my existence for every vehicle I have owned... o_O

Word of advice: if you cut that tip back (good idea to do), weld on a turn down either pointed down to the ground or off to the side. My rear bumper (and hitch mount) rusted hard from the exhaust going straight out of the pipe nearby.
For sure!

Started working on installing the lift. Only took me three hours to get the frame side rear track bar, bottom of the rear shocks, and rear springs out. Struggled with the driver's side upper rear shock bolts for a few hours. I have been spraying them down with Kroil for the last three months. Both bolt heads are rounded off. Tomorrow I am busting out the dremel and cutting them out. Joys of Northeast Jeeps.

PXL_20210902_230752551.jpg

Struggled with the driver's side upper rear shock bolts for a few hours. I have been spraying them down with Kroil for the last three months. Both bolt heads are rounded off. Tomorrow I am busting out the dremel and cutting them out. Joys of Northeast Jeeps.
You poor bastard. I feel your pain.

Reactions: wigsajumper
Took my Bestop trektop off. I have only had the front and side windows in for one day but usually have the top on as a safari top for the shade. It was so nice not listening to the top flap in the wind. I was used to it so forgot how loud it was.
Does it flap that much? I am in the market for one this australian summer.

Cheers

Reactions: Don Ashcraft
Does it flap that much? I am in the market for one this australian summer.

Cheers
When I bought my TJ it had a trektop and I really liked it so when I got the LJ I got one without hesitation. I rarely have the side and rear windows in so the back sides are left to flap around without the windows holding it down. There are straps that tie to the sound bar area and to the very rear corners of the top but there's quite a bit between them that can flap around. If you have the windows in, it is probably just fine.

Looks like they changed from a magnet to a suction cup for the remote light. Mine has a magnet on the bottom of the remote light.
These newer ones actually have both a magnet and a suction cup. I'm not sure how well the cup will hold up to underhood heat, mine's good so far.

Looks like they changed from a magnet to a suction cup for the remote light. Mine has a magnet on the bottom of the remote light.
Mine has both magnet and suction cup but the magnet is the weakest magnet I have ever used. I got two of these on Ebay for $10 each new last year. After putting this in I thought maybe I want one more. They are going for $40 or more used right now.

Reactions: Blondie70
Mine has both magnet and suction cup but the magnet is the weakest magnet I have ever used. I got two of these on Ebay for $10 each new last year. After putting this in I thought maybe I want one more. They are going for $40 or more used right now.
Yea - I thought about grabbing another one a few months back - apparently the supply of $10 ones has all dried up.

Reactions: randy328