What did you do to your TJ today?

Replaced both front calipers after one side locked up. I figured now would be a good time to flush the brake fluid. After a few mistakes I was able to get all the air out and the Jeep back up and running.
Thank god I got the brakes working right. A small car pulled out right in front of me this morning and I had the slam on the brakes. All 4 tires squealing. You would have thought they learned their lesson but they did it again at a red light while I was following

PO had oversized flares on the vehicle that had to go. Removed them - took a ridiculous hour and a half of cursing and wrenching.

Too dark to put new OEM flares on. Still can’t believe how long that took.
Installed the OEM flares today. More cursing. More wrenching. My hands hurt, but she looks much better. Anyone need oversized flares?

F79B5156-CA50-4C12-8A8D-1B6F54DB50EE.jpeg

Had a d'oh moment on the '00 Sahara rotbox. Been chasing around a P0301 cyl#1 misfire code the past couple weeks. It's been a lot of back-and-forth with the CEL going off after a repair only to reappear sometime later. The Jeep would either throw no codes, or only P0301. I decided to R&R the B1S1 (upstread) O2 sensor, and voila! The idle smoothed out and the 2nd gear stumble/lag at <2000RPM was gone. The incorrect O2 sensor had been installed. Tomorrow is 1st day of school, so I'm fairly confident I'll get a text from my son telling me the CEL is on again.

Dropped the tank in preparation for the arrival of the new Bosch fuel pump tomorrow... hopefully tomorrow.

the 4 week old Delphi DFG1221 pump took a crap already. This is the 3rd time ive dropped the tank replacing pumps, Delphi is not worthy of purchasing for the tj at least I dont care if it comes with a lifetime warranty. Im fed up with dropping the tank even though its fairly easy and about a 20 minute job. I want reliability, not questionability.

Pulled the pump out and took it back to auto zone and had them warranty it out... mainly just because F Delphi, they can pay for this ones warranty too. tossed the new pump up in the rafters of the garage in my parts storage.
8B869004-5D83-4F2B-A854-F04CFA0E4EA1.jpeg

Dropped the tank in preparation for the arrival of the new Bosch fuel pump tomorrow... hopefully tomorrow.

the 4 week old Delphi DFG1221 pump took a crap already. This is the 3rd time ive dropped the tank replacing pumps, Delphi is not worthy of purchasing for the tj at least I dont care if it comes with a lifetime warranty. Im fed up with dropping the tank even though its fairly easy and about a 20 minute job. I want reliability, not questionability.

Pulled the pump out and took it back to auto zone and had them warranty it out... mainly just because F Delphi, they can pay for this ones warranty too. tossed the new pump up in the rafters of the garage in my parts storage.
View attachment 275396

Installed the OEM flares today. More cursing. More wrenching. My hands hurt, but she looks much better. Anyone need oversized flares?

View attachment 275348
It does look a whole lot better... and glad to see you have you Toilet paper, coz you never know haha

The hood would wobble a little while driving, so I figured the rubber latches needed to be replaced. I replaced them with a pair of aluminum aftermarket ones. It’s my dads Jeep and I thought he would really like the ones with the flag on them. They didn’t come with instruction, but I figured out the problem of being a little loose. I thought from looking at them on Amazon that the flag was engraved into the latch, but it’s not. It appears to be a thin plaque stuck to the latch. Looking at the latch from the backside it looks like one company makes the latches and they are resold under various other names. It looks like a couple other $60 latches that can be bought from Amazon. They do see like they will be sturdy so they will stay on for now.

678DCA37-5B18-45FB-97D5-89B82DEDB15B.jpeg

There are two approaches to installing Savvy rocker guards. Done and done right. I'm striving for the later. The driver side has been drilled and temporarily installed. I still need to install the nutserts with longer splines on the bottom, so the slider can be removed without removal of the rocker guard. Getting the rocker base straight with the door entrance required at least 6 times of moving things around before I was happy.

20210907_141628-jpg.jpg

There are two approaches to installing Savvy rocker guards. Done and done right. I'm striving for the later. The driver side has been drilled and temporarily installed. I still need to install the nutserts with longer splines on the bottom, so the slider can be removed without removal of the rocker guard. Getting the rocker base straight with the door entrance required at least 6 times of moving things around before I was happy.

View attachment 275563

I am skeerd of not installing them correctly.