T-Shirts

Order your offical Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum t-shirt today!

Click here to order!

Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum T-Shirts

What did you do to your TJ today?

Kiwi TJ

I don't suffer from insanity I enjoy every minute
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I don't know if it is because I'm old now or because I was young long ago, but LED headlights seem to be hard on my eyes. I did a Hella H4 upgrade a few years ago, but the cheap eBay harness I bought then has recently started shorting out. I purchased the Toyota Koito conversion kit mainly for the harness, but installed the lights as well. I am very pleased with the look and function.

View attachment 292195
Yeah i love my H4's too....I cant bring myself to put LED's on a TJ. :unsure:

Mbren89

7DE236A5-FA5E-4181-B508-863F25466DE3.png

• Haha
Reactions: Ocho

LittleTankTJ

TJ Enthusiast
Lifetime Supporting Member
PXL_20211123_201053232.jpg
Replaced my transfer case with one I bought the case of and built. That was a good idea. The input seal was leaking like crazy.

Turns out the previous owner put the angled washers on the inside of the skid and ripped 3 of the 6 holes open.

Time for a new skid plate I guess

TexasTJ2004

Made a combustion leak check today (exhaust gases in coolant).
Bought this thing from Amazon for 36$.

Opened the radiator cap. Drained the fluid from the radiator slightly (like 3 inches in radiator) using the drain valve on bottom passenger side of the radiator.
Then started the rig, brought it to 210F, and run it there for 5 minutes. Verified the thermostat was opened, and fluid ran through the radiator.
Then used the leak tester, pumped it for like couple of minutes, the fluid stayed as blue as ocean.
Was happy to know that my head gasket is fine, and that it does not leak at all.

MikekiM

TJ Enthusiast
LED headlights on TJs never looked right to me. I swapped over to KC Highlite halogens and have been pleased with the output over the stock bulbs. Combined with my oem fogs (which I call my deer finders), my night drives are plenty bright.

Yeah i love my H4's too....I cant bring myself to put LED's on a TJ. :unsure:

I had a REALLY cheap set of LEDs from the PO that I replaced with a set of Trucklite knockoffs (for sale if anyone wants them). I liked the temperature and brightness but despised the pattern, so I replaced them with the Koito kit and Hella H4 80/100s. The pattern is far better and the look is period correct.

Installing a set of Hella 500FF H3s today as a supplement.

Vtx531

TJ Enthusiast
Made a combustion leak check today (exhaust gases in coolant).
Bought this thing from Amazon for 36$.

Opened the radiator cap. Drained the fluid from the radiator slightly (like 3 inches in radiator) using the drain valve on bottom passenger side of the radiator.
Then started the rig, brought it to 210F, and run it there for 5 minutes. Verified the thermostat was opened, and fluid ran through the radiator.
Then used the leak tester, pumped it for like couple of minutes, the fluid stayed as blue as ocean.
Was happy to know that my head gasket is fine, and that it does not leak at all.
Great tool - they rent it for free at autozone and $8 for the fluid

Reactions: Kiwi TJ

notzach

I finally had some time to swing by the tire shop down the street, the TJ went from looking like this:

IMG_4201.JPG

To this:

IMG_4204.JPG

I really like the look and the AT tires are so much nicer to drive than the set of MTs that was on it. I'm really happy with the way the 235/75/15 sized Grabber and Pro Comp wheels looks on the jeep.

RINC

I Love Me Some Arizona
Supporting Member
A Sunny Place For Shady People. Laveen, AZ
I finally had some time to swing by the tire shop down the street, the TJ went from looking like this:

View attachment 292390

To this:

View attachment 292391

I really like the look and the AT tires are so much nicer to drive than the set of MTs that was on it. I'm really happy with the way the 235/75/15 sized Grabber and Pro Comp wheels looks on the jeep.

Oh ! I may want those other rims.

MountaineerTom

LJ Enthusiast, Retired USAF Weapons Loader
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Added some rock lights tonight. There’s not a lot of clean spots to put the lights that won’t get smashed potentially. But I did 2 in the front, 2 down each side, and 2 in the back
Just plain boring white. They don’t dance to music either

View attachment 292417

View attachment 292418
What lights did you use?

Id like to install some on mine but don’t want some high dollar parts but I also don’t want an extremely cheap setup that will tear up on the first trail I’m on.

CharlesHS

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
This is another what I did FOR my '01 Jeep Wrangler and not what I did TO the Jeep.
Previously I had found a dealership that was blowing out parts from their warehouse and found NOS replacement door panels for my '01.
Yesterday I purchased a spare climate control console w/ A/C and a spare Mopar radiator for a manual transmission.
Since parts have become more difficult to source for our Jeeps in the past 20 months; when certain parts come available I purchase the parts as spares.

TheBoogieman

Disturbed Jeepaholic
Supporting Member