What did you do to your TJ today?

Mud tires for the trail on my beadlocks -

98FB2F81-7103-4E0D-9593-2A9A7138271A.jpeg

My next move is 2 of these-
View attachment 275981
Because my now lanky 17 year old accidentally turned my KCs on with his knee and we didn’t see it flying down the interstate at 70 in the sun- and melted 3 smiley face covers, which took away 60 percent of my personality. I have 2 left that don’t look like Freddy Krueger sponsored by KC. Got a pair of blue too. Next mod is the led inserts for my KC Halogen driving lights-

Right now-more than anything, I’m driving mine with the top down every chance I get before it cools off for the winter. This summer flew by. Had a good trip wheeling with @Hog and @John Cooper, and a couple of get togethers, but overall it just went by like a dream. Beautiful summer, we have Jeeps, life is pretty good.
I put my Eaton elocker switch in the stock panel and I'm always a bit concerned I'll bump it on the highway during a shift. (BOOM)

Been eyeing something like this as a replacement or putting in a secondary in-line switch as protection away from the center console. Sort of an 'offroad switch'.

Reactions: Blondie70 and AndyG
Installed my new Rancho rs5000x shocks and Rancho rs5000 steering damper… had a problem with the steering damper…tapered bolt stripped out… I’ll contact Rancho on Tuesday and I’m sure they will send me a new one… shocks went on without a problem, especially since I was replacing the RC N3 shocks that I just put on in November… what a difference!
How much of a difference is, what a difference? Haha

Reactions: Blondie70
Finally went to the dealer and got my four digit security code. They even gave me a nice printout. It is the same code as my luggage, "one two three four" I guess in a way I never have to step on the dealer lot again, maybe.

I want some! The melted light covers, not the switches. ;)
p.s. Nice job. I still haven't done the Rubi locker mod.
p.p.s. Is it cold in Alabama or are you driving barefoot? Your foot heater is on warm.
I have 3 covers, look like freddy krueger got a Jeep

its cool at night, and im a sucker for a good night ride 😀

Replaced the clutch and brake pedal pads. The old ones crumbled into bits when I removed them - that’s what 186k+ miles will do...
What did you go with? I need to replace mine as well, I see fancy metal ones but not sure what to roll with. When I hit trails and it’s dusty the pedal can get a little slick, poor shoe choices at times too 😂

Reactions: John Cooper
What did you go with? I need to replace mine as well, I see fancy metal ones but not sure what to roll with. When I hit trails and it’s dusty the pedal can get a little slick, poor shoe choices at times too 😂
Dorman brand - $3.56 each from Amazon. Easy install and didn’t fall off on the drive after I put them on which is a plus. 👍

B482A573-C0E8-46F1-9A74-D23876B85B08.jpeg

When I bought my LJ last month, it had a Rampage frameless top on it, plus the OEM grey soft top. It didn't seem like the softop with bars would fit inside the rampage, so I swapped tops before driving it home from CO to NC. The OEM top has seen better days. Cosmetically it looks pretty good, but the back window zipper is torn off on one end, the top fits a little lose (so the back corners pop out when driving with the windows out) and it has a few leaks. When the tropical storm remnants passed through last week, I found one of the leaks is non-trivial in really heavy rain. So today, I decided to switch back to the Rampage. I had noticed it was also a little worn when I bought it, but the PO was using it, so I figured it was good. And it looked to be in pretty good condition. Except for some of the straps which were a little brittle, presumably from UV damage. Well, one of them tore in half while I was putting the Rampage on. So ... back to the OEM soft top.

At least, I think it is an OEM top. It has the feature where it can flip back from the front - I think Bestop calls theirs Sunrider top or something like that. Did Jeep ship OEM tops with that feature?

I also attempted to remove all the warning signs from the visor and window bar. Window bar sticker was easy. Visor, not so much. Tomorrow I'll try a heat gun, as recommended.

I also setup and installed an Xtrons radio. I wired up the Xtrons on my desk so I could work on configuration and installing apps while watching football this afternoon. Not a bad head unit, for the price. Some of the software setup is kinda poor (I'm a software guy) but the Insane Audio guys would not even let me into their forums to ask questions, so while I wanted theirs to prove to be a better option ... the forum thing turned me off. Paired it with a bluetooth OBD2 adapter and installed Torque Pro. Tested out the GPS briefly. I still need to pick a mounting point for the receiver, too. Didn't wire up the backup camera yet. Never wanted one, until my friend showed me how nice they are when you can see your hitch ball. So once I figure out my rear bumper/hitch, I'll get that hooked up. Maybe do a forward facing camera in the shovel, too, as I've seen posted here :)

Reactions: FarFire70