What did you do to your TJ today?

Took mine to the races-

90556E47-9610-4B78-A499-A1EEAA225479.jpeg

My Trektop NX arrived! Wooo!
The header was broken though. So Quadratec are going to see if bestop have any in stock to send out a new one. Then just need to wait for slightly warmer days to install it (mid 50s here in NZ)

52A484B0-0F49-439A-9139-6EED0161D848.jpeg

Also some other goodies been arriving this weekend. Arb deflator and a Stableseat set to tighten up my seats. Pretty wobbly
F374F8E6-6C0D-411A-86D7-F29B0F633F2A.jpeg

Also got an air compressor (forgot to take a pic). It’s not a top of the range one but gets alright reviews. Was a good deal so will see how it goes
E6380F3B-32C6-45BE-93A2-2FB54E1952A2.jpeg

Also, here in NZ, our park lights are in our 7” headlights. But since upgrading to LED headlights, they don’t have park lights in them. I’ve been looking at the front turn signal and can see it has a double filament bulb. I’ve seen in the US you have a three wire pigtail going to the socket. (My socket has three pins, so it’s ready for a park light line). I bought some three wire pigtails of Amazon and will wire in my park lights to the turn signals :)
7C6D81E0-386A-49D6-B055-8B71AFBB5AF6.jpeg

Still in lockdown here but got the cars out for a quick drive
6DB1702B-767D-42E7-9BE8-6140BF73127D.jpeg

The header was broken though. So Quadratec are going to see if bestop have any in stock to send out a new one. Then just need to wait for slightly warmer days to install it (mid 50s here in NZ)

View attachment 276419

Also some other goodies been arriving this weekend. Arb deflator and a Stableseat set to tighten up my seats. Pretty wobbly
View attachment 276420
Also got an air compressor (forgot to take a pic). It’s not a top of the range one but gets alright reviews. Was a good deal so will see how it goes
View attachment 276422
Also, here in NZ, our park lights are in our 7” headlights. But since upgrading to LED headlights, they don’t have park lights in them. I’ve been looking at the front turn signal and can see it has a double filament bulb. I’ve seen in the US you have a three wire pigtail going to the socket. (My socket has three pins, so it’s ready for a park light line). I bought some three wire pigtails of Amazon and will wire in my park lights to the turn signals :)
View attachment 276421
View attachment 276423
That chevy body style is my fave. My first truck was a 66 3/4 ton small window custom. It looks like your stepside is a small window also.😍

View attachment 276419

View attachment 276420
View attachment 276422
View attachment 276421
View attachment 276423
Hi,
I live in Australia and legally need the park lights as well. I Was thinking of getting a set of these 7” Stedi Homage LED headlights and the blue wire pictured on their web site is apparently the park light connection (10% backlit).

Homage-45-Series.jpg

Reflector | 10% Backlit Illumination (Parking Light) | Chrome Finish
1631453239672.jpeg

Reactions: TJ Starting

View attachment 276419

View attachment 276420
View attachment 276422
View attachment 276421
View attachment 276423
All money well spent. You want a warm day to do that top.

loosening the front seat bolts allow you to shim it up and work the tunnel side torx

Hi,
I live in Australia and legally need the park lights as well. I Was thinking of getting a set of these 7” Stedi Homage LED headlights and the blue wire pictured on their web site is apparently the park light connection (10% backlit).

View attachment 276433

View attachment 276432
Apparently those ones haven’t been released yet, the ones I got didn’t have the wire and say no park light. I’m not too fussed as it’s a fairly easy fix to get the turn signals to be park lights

Reactions: Shano1707
Hi,

View attachment 276433

View attachment 276432
I've been double checking their website, and on the actual product page it says it doesn't include park light feature:
https://www.stedi.com.au/stedi-homage-7-inch-led-headlight-1.htmlBut other places on the website it says it does include park light feature.
I've emailed them to confirm as it's pretty confusing! Maybe they are releasing a park light version in the future...

Reactions: John Cooper
The steering wheel on my TJ (97) had deteriorated quite a bit and I had to put a cover on it. I figured I'd done something wrong, but the LJ is starting to have the same problem. While looking for some 303 protectant in the auto aisle, my youngest son picked out a steering wheel cover. He picked a nice match, I think. Not perfect - the grey is a shade or two cooler, compared the the warm grey dash and door panels, but pretty good.

steering-wheel-cover.jpg

$13 at Walmart

Haha yea, bloody lockdown. Thanks for the offer! Will let you know, happy to catch up later if you wanna see it close up too
Yeah that top is on my wishlist so it would be great to see it up close and personal like ...haha
My original top is ok but sagging and generally starting to show its age in some places....bit like me really . :unsure:

Went on a 200 mile round trip drive to Mt. Magazine yesterday, tallest point in Arkansas, beautiful drive this time of year… on the way back, middle of nowhere half way home, I looked down and had zero oil pressure and the check gauge light was glowing bright… WTF… wife was starting to panic, wanting to call her dad, and I googled “97 jeep TJ no oil pressure” and what do I find?…. The first topic is @Chris and @Jerry Bransford telling me not to worry that it was more than likely a oil pressure sending unit… thanks to these guys wisdom, even back in 2015, I drove on home with out a problem and will change the ops unit today! 🍻 thanks guys!

Last edited: