What did you do to your TJ today?

Paint shop getting it done!

49159A6B-9DB5-415B-88AE-72C3D0C3439E.png

Got my new tinted window uppers a week or so ago. Finally took them out of the package. LOL This was my impulse buy because of a post in this thread. I said I would give a review once I got them. Here is the link to them.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2242691896...d=link&campid=5337789113&toolid=20001&mkevt=1
I have to say, they seem pretty well made. Look just like the uppers I have on now, but obviously have tinted windows. They do have the makers imprint on them but doesn't really stand out to bad, not like the new Bestop top anyway. I did try the zipper and it moved really nicely.

I was going to swap mine with them but then decided that I'd rather find another set of frames to put them on. That way I can swap them out if I want to clear ones once in a while. May never do it once I have them on, but you never know. LOL Just need to find frames now. :D

D99C284E-2414-4C49-A9FA-F3A43C2C6570_1_201_a.jpeg
FFEE6DA7-4D5A-4AE5-9FA6-CDB44FE9C708_1_201_a.jpeg
F2F95BBC-FF83-4B77-A820-2AD406E2FC37_1_201_a.jpeg

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Nice pic. Which 50% were you?
the "no damage" half... though one one optional (much harder) section which only one other person attempted, I did slide sideways into a stump and bang the drivers rear corner on it, but I have armor there already for that :) just scraped off the dirt a bit.

Lets see, carnage was mostly on the larger vehicles and all basically cosmetic, nothing mechanical. Trails are tight, twisty, and sunken...

JL's
2x ripped off rear fenders
2x broken rear tail lights (only one was the same as the fender)
2x broken front marker lights on front fender
1x rear passenger door with an 18" gouge put in it
1x plastic wheel hub shattered (WHY do people wheel with these?!?!?!? )

WJ
1x destroyed steel winch line (user error)
1x broken tail light

Toyota
2x new dents on truck bed sides (both sides)

CJ
1x soft top tear along top edge

241887979_10219171996826807_5785132957934953239_n.jpg

Finally wrapped up the Rear End yesterday. Still need to do the final torque with the weight of the jeep on the suspension.

Started the front end today. Front shocks took some grinder/sawzall convincing. Got as far as pulling the lower control arms but ran into a roadblock. Passenger side frame side bolt came out with BFH persuasion. Currently stuck on the axle side bolt.

I got the nut off the bolt but can not get the bolt out. Bolt will only rotate a few degrees even with a cheater bar then returns to former position. Not able to hammer it out. Thinking the bolt and bushing sleeve might be rust welded together.

Ideas to get it out? Heat and Pound? Cut it and buy a new one? Have it soaking with penetrating oil right now.
PXL_20210913_212725740.jpg

Reactions: Hog
Hi,
I live in Australia and legally need the park lights as well. I Was thinking of getting a set of these 7” Stedi Homage LED headlights and the blue wire pictured on their web site is apparently the park light connection (10% backlit).

View attachment 276433

Reflector | 10% Backlit Illumination (Parking Light) | Chrome Finish
View attachment 276432
Strange that! you dont need park lights in Western australia?

Started replacing my control arms, decided to stick with stock arms for now and just replace them all. Only had time to do the rear lowers, one of them took about 2 hours to get a bolt out and the other one took about 10 minutes total

Here’s a comparison between new and old:View attachment 276379

I'd be interested to hear if you can feel a difference driving when they are all replaced.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Finally wrapped up the Rear End yesterday. Still need to do the final torque with the weight of the jeep on the suspension.

Started the front end today. Front shocks took some grinder/sawzall convincing. Got as far as pulling the lower control arms but ran into a roadblock. Passenger side frame side bolt came out with BFH persuasion. Currently stuck on the axle side bolt.

I got the nut off the bolt but can not get the bolt out. Bolt will only rotate a few degrees even with a cheater bar then returns to former position. Not able to hammer it out. Thinking the bolt and bushing sleeve might be rust welded together.

Ideas to get it out? Heat and Pound? Cut it and buy a new one? Have it soaking with penetrating oil right now.View attachment 276745
I just did a bunch of upgrades on my LJ and I suggest a cut off wheel, just zip it off and buy a new one. I tried the heat and pounding, didn't work lol.

Reactions: Irun
Finished repairing my rear differential after the last outing. Bought a new set of Ten Factory shafts, and picked up another used set for spares (free, traded some old Dana 30/44 hubs I had laying around).

Twisted off the end of a Superior shaft on the first little hill. Rough weekend three wheelin' it from there on out. We pulled out the chunk and found the remaining length of shaft was not engaging or damaging the splines in the carrier, so we rolled with it. Couldn't find a spare anyplace except the local parts store who wanted $479 for a stock shaft.

IMG_6244_Moment.jpg

Pulled, cleaned, and inspected the carrier when I got home. No damage, cleaned all the glitter out.

IMG_6246_Moment.jpg

I have 2 spare shaft set up with bearings, seals, retainers shrink wrapped and in my truck box now.

Buying some 05+ Super Duty housings soon to start building my new axles. Will have built 44's for sale in a few months I hope.

• Wow
Reactions: Irun
I'd be interested to hear if you can feel a difference driving when they are all replaced.
I am unfortunately living at school now so I won't have time to do the rest until probably thanksgiving but I will definitely update, I am very curious too. I have some bouncing/bucking when driving which I am wondering could be from the worn bushings or it might just be normal when driving an older lifted jeep

Reactions: BeavisTJ