What did you do to your TJ today?

Installed a stereo today. I had never done it before. It didn't take that long either. Maybe 1.5 hours. I can't get the back speakers to work and the fronts are garbled. I'm sure I need new fronts. Not sure what's going on with the back speakers. Still, nice to have tunes after two years of ownership.

IMG_3444.JPG

Put on some Bilstein 5100 shocks, skyjacker steering stabilizer, and some APP985 plugs. HUGE DIFFERENCE!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JMT
How do u like those led head headlights? How long have you had them?
I’ve had them almost a year. They’re great for the price. I do wish the color temperature was a bit higher as the bluish hue tends to not make things stand out as much as I’d like.

That said, the light quality makes street signs absolutely pop. I never noticed them like I do now. It’s like they’re glowing almost.

High beams are amazing. It’s like a very focused hotspot that really lights up the road out quite a ways.

Reactions: IronCity
View attachment 23855View attachment 23856View attachment 23857

Started regear and locker.

So after reading the write up about how to regear... I have a couple of questions if anyone can answer.
1. The pinion had no shims or washers. Wondering why? How to showed their should have been as well as a washer for oil.
2. Shims on either side off carrier. There was only one on each side that appeared to be same thickness. I’ll measure soon. Curious why? I was expecting multiple thin thicknesses that I would have to measure.

Dana 35. Rear
Going from 3.07 to 4.10 with a truetrac in rear

Was bored and wanted something to do, so I tinted tail light reflectors with a few coats of VHT night shade. I dig the outcome.

20171017_175212.jpg

So after reading the write up about how to regear... I have a couple of questions if anyone can answer.
1. The pinion had no shims or washers. Wondering why? How to showed their should have been as well as a washer for oil.
2. Shims on either side off carrier. There was only one on each side that appeared to be same thickness. I’ll measure soon. Curious why? I was expecting multiple thin thicknesses that I would have to measure.

Dana 35. Rear
Going from 3.07 to 4.10 with a truetrac in rear

The pinion depth shim is under the rear bearing. You need to pull that bearing and use the shim as a starting point. There isn't always an oil slinger. If there is, it needs to be reused as it adds to the pinion depth. The carrier shims may look the same thickness but aren't. When you measure you will see. Those are only a starting point as well. You will need a variety of shims or a multi shim style to get carrier preload and backlash correct.

Reactions: JMT and IamBR549