What did you do to your TJ today?

OK. This wasn't today but as new owner with a almost 20 yr old tj I crawled underneath made sure everything looked kosher, changed the eng oil (Castrol high milage 10/30), cleaned n oiled the air filter (don't kill me, it came with a after market CAI) then filled it up with premium fuel w Seafoam then drove it on about 20 miles of Jeep trails near me. Sweet. I stopped here for a tasty beverage n snacks.

IMG_20171017_153226056.jpg

I haven’t been very active on the forum for the last couple of months because we bought a new house BUT it’s time to show the LJ some attention.

Tomorrow new RS5000x’s are going on and soon I will be be taking a weekend to basically rebuild the front axle. New ball joints, steering, u joints, diff service.(and maybe some chromoly axles if I catch a couple more overtime days at work)

Anyone have a hint for getting this bushing pressed in completely before I install it tomorrow?
211353a39eaea07af8ced12db1a7f9b2.jpg

I haven’t been very active on the forum for the last couple of months because we bought a new house BUT it’s time to show the LJ some attention.

Tomorrow new RS5000x’s are going on and soon I will be be taking a weekend to basically rebuild the front axle. New ball joints, steering, u joints, diff service.(and maybe some chromoly axles if I catch a couple more overtime days at work)

Anyone have a hint for getting this bushing pressed in completely before I install it tomorrow?
View attachment 24106

Why are you having to press a bushing on the shock?

View attachment 24106
Do you have a bench vise and a socket the size of that spring eye?

Reactions: JMT
Went from this:

View attachment 22332

To this:

View attachment 22331

4.5" RE Superfllex
35x12.50 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ's
Pro Comp series 69 wheels
Smittybilt XRC front bumper
Smittybilt SRC rear bumper with tire carrier
Superwinch LP8500
Chinese Truk lite knockoffs
Cheap Walmart driving lights

Nice! Went from being a baby to being a full fledged adult!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Took jeep to self wash today and blasted the hell out of it from underneath. Got it clean and all ready to spray the underside with fluidfilm but realized there was about a 1/8 inch of standing water sitting in the frame after. Drilled 4 holes in the bottom of the frame and a ton of water poured out. Drilled a 5/16 hole right behind every control arm bracket. Highly recommended if you haven’t already. Wish I would have known about that before.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Took the LJ up to the North Georgia mountains and did a little wheeling and camping.

Lost a passenger side window pane to a rogue rock, but all in all, a great trip
View attachment 24179
View attachment 24180
View attachment 24181
View attachment 24182
View attachment 24183
Love your bumper chop! Can I ask how much you cut off? I'de like to do this mod at some point, but never know what the most appropriate spot is to do the cuts. I like yours, nicely done!

Reactions: Shane Mckinley