What did you do to your TJ today?

Modified the transmission exhaust bracket after raising the TC 1.5” in prep for a TT. After raising the drivetrain, the exhaust was rattling against the passenger UCA frame mount. A temporary remedy was administered to lower the exhaust until I get the new skid. I highlighted the details in my build thread.
View attachment 287761View attachment 287762View attachment 287763

And of course an obligatory sunset photo.
View attachment 287765
Did this fix eliminate the rattle? I still have that same exhaust/passenger side front control arm frame mount rattle and it’s quite annoying.

Did this fix eliminate the rattle? I still have that same exhaust/passenger side front control arm frame mount rattle and it’s quite annoying.
Not to highjack,but when I did it sure did ,I just stuck a crow bar in between the Frame and above the exhaust and jacked up the other end forcing the exhaust pipe down and then heating the cat brace up until it was down far enough.i now have 2 inches below the pass l.c.mount but it also moved my tailpipe back from where it was hitting the rear shock after my Currie rear shock relocation kit.from the pinion angle change,it worked like a charm!!

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
I like this solution. The hole is pre drilled and the ribs Keep it from rotating.
I had originally planned on drilling a second set of holes but yes, the ribs keep it solid and from rotating, I just had to hone out the factory holes a tad to slip an M10 bolt through.

Yes the exhaust clears the mount by at least 1.5" or so. Smooth and quiet.
FC54A844-685C-48A7-A31E-B97408AAF680.jpeg

I had originally planned on drilling a second set of holes but yes, the ribs keep it solid and from rotating, I just had to hone out the factory holes a tad to slip an M10 bolt through.

View attachment 287868
Thanks! Looks like I’ll be doing this in the next few days

Reactions: Jamison C
Thanks! Looks like I’ll be doing this in the next few days
The only thing I would have done different is heat up the exhaust a bit just to make it a bit more pliable for the shortened mount. I got it to work but it took some persuasion. Also, when you cut the bracket in half, make sure that the piece with the exhaust bushing sits between the original mount and the cat.

Reactions: jazngab

View attachment 287868
I did whatever @Jamison C did. Just not as good.

Drop the Jeep off at the tire store this morning to have the Mickey Thompson MTZ’s mounted and balanced, these are the tires that came from @BonesXX that @Hog picked up for @AndyG I got them from AndyG and planned on getting another set of wheels to swap tires for wheeling trips and then street driving. Since the insurance repaired instead of totaling my Nissan, I don't have to swap back and forth!!!!!! Kind of a win win.
20210927_134416_copy_800x600.jpg
20210927_134432_copy_800x600.jpg

Drop the Jeep off at the tire store this morning to have the Mickey Thompson MTZ’s mounted and balanced, these are the tires that came from @BonesXX that @Hog picked up for @AndyG I got them from AndyG and planned on getting another set of wheels to swap tires for wheeling trips and then street driving. Since the insurance repaired instead of totaling my Nissan, I don't have to swap back and forth!!!!!! Kind of a win win.
View attachment 288060View attachment 288061
What’s the date,looks like the older RWL