What did you do to your TJ today?

Discovered a bit of a leak yesterday...

IMG_6697.JPG

My lower radiator hose had split lengthwise down the entire hose...I replaced both upper and lower hoses, replaced the water pump, and thermostat as well yesterday. As well as a coolant flush. Got my butt kicked but I did it all myself for the first time and i'm feel in' good about it!

Love your bumper chop! Can I ask how much you cut off? I'de like to do this mod at some point, but never know what the most appropriate spot is to do the cuts. I like yours, nicely done!
Basically, I measured how much material I needed to allow the little angled end caps to still fit in and marked it there.

Top tip- get a bevel guage to copy the angle. If I recall correctly, it’s not quite a 45° angle.
Make the straight vertical cut up the front and the short ~1/2” 90° cut first, then cut the angle to meet it. Otherwise you end up overcutting and having to use a bit of bondo.

Reactions: EJD
Discovered a bit of a leak yesterday...

View attachment 24201

My lower radiator hose had split lengthwise down the entire hose...I replaced both upper and lower hoses, replaced the water pump, and thermostat as well yesterday. As well as a coolant flush. Got my butt kicked but I did it all myself for the first time and i'm feel in' good about it!
Well done..its one of those jobs that either going to be a piece of cake or a piece of S@#* !!! haha

Last edited:
Reactions: Travis and EJD
Discovered that my cheap ass O'Reillys radiator with 20k miles on has sprung a leak. Lower tank is sealing coolant from the crimps.

Removed the portion of my passenger window that was still held together with the tint film and then sucked out all the small pieces out of the door cavity.

Now to wait for 1-4 weeks for the new glass
you have to wait that long ???

It wasn't by choice. OEM raditator split the top tank on the way to Moab. The el cheapo was a quick fix that I thought would last a bit longer than 20K. Next up, dig thru the coolant overhaul thread to get a link to a Mopar unit.
did it not come with a warranty ?...20k seems like is short and should be covered? (not that you would want another one though haha)

I would have thought they would have had plenty in stock....but worth the wait if the price is right lol

Last night I decided to look at the manifold flange bolts that I couldn't get to tighten. I figured they were rusted and that's why they wouldn't tighten, so I went to remove one, and the nut spun off with no problems at all. When I pulled the bolt, it was in damn near perfect condition. Turns out the nut was bottoming out since the bolt wasn't fully threaded. I added a couple of extra washers, and now it's nice and tight. I could easily move the exhaust pipe, and it would even hit the driveshaft at times. Now it doesn't budge. :)

Reactions: lowranger
Last night I decided to look at the manifold flange bolts that I couldn't get to tighten. I figured they were rusted and that's why they wouldn't tighten, so I went to remove one, and the nut spun off with no problems at all. When I pulled the bolt, it was in damn near perfect condition. Turns out the nut was bottoming out since the bolt wasn't fully threaded. I added a couple of extra washers, and now it's nice and tight. I could easily move the exhaust pipe, and it would even hit the driveshaft at times. Now it doesn't budge. :)
Nice when there is a simple fix.

Reactions: derekmac