What did you do to your TJ today?

Installed Core 4X4 rear lower control arms and then took advantage of the unseasonably warm north Texas day by taking the kayak to the lake. Also got some Bestop soft uppers with the sliding glass for my half-doors (which will go on in a couple of months when I switch to soft top).

20220113_161934(S).jpg

Did some relay wiring. I enjoy this sort of thing, but hats off to the guys who build out relay & switch panels…it’s really a ton of work to get everything cut to proper length and assembled in the correct order. You can’t know how many times I put a wire on the wrong terminal, routed it through the wrong hole on the grommet, terminated the other end before running it through the grommet, terminating before adding heat shrink….I’m sure there are other ways to screw it up that I won’t discover till tomorrow.

Also re-loomed parts of the harness near the secondary battery tray. It was brittle and I needed to be able to move it around to get all this crap in there.
2377DB82-117A-4774-8AA4-AC4A88118734.jpeg

That actually looks about like my phone - a ruggedized Samsung.

I had to call our cell provider today because my wife's smartphone wasn't able to do MMS texts. We got it fixed, but what a pain in the ass. Thing is just too damn small to type on, the config screen barfed not once but twice and I had to start over. Horrid design...

That actually looks about like my phone - a ruggedized Samsung.

I had to call our cell provider today because my wife's smartphone wasn't able to do MMS texts. We got it fixed, but what a pain in the ass. Thing is just too damn small to type on, the config screen barfed not once but twice and I had to start over. Horrid design...

I have to run this though google translate to English.

noticed the power steering fluid was slightly low while changing my oil last night. picked up some ATF+4 to top it off with on my way home from work tonight. figured I must not have fully filled it last time I siphoned and filled it.

happened to become sidetracked when I noticed a random zip tie was stuck under the air filter box so I removed it to get it unstuck and just happened to drop a nut on the floor.

well after dropping the nut I noticed a drip mark I know wasn't there before and looked up. damn gearbox is leaking. shit. well found where the oil has left the system at the output shaft. have to research what gearbox to replace it with now.
00033B2D-1E92-4ED3-A460-291B17F4B88C.jpeg