What did you do to your TJ today?

Stopped by a local Jeep shop and saw they had a small 19" LED bar that was a perfect fit on my ARB bumper. The bumper had two mounts for lights but I never got around to getting any, so I bought this and made a bracket to mount it up. Pretty happy with it!

jeep_120417.jpg

Now just to give her a bath, lol

Reactions: Kathy and JMT
Be wary...looks like the last guy before you had major surgery in that shop. I didn't realize replacing a muffler would lead to fluids spilling onto the ramp on both sides...
He does mechanical work also. His yelp review is 4.2 out of 5.

Be wary...looks like the last guy before you had major surgery in that shop. I didn't realize replacing a muffler would lead to fluids spilling onto the ramp on both sides...
..."Medic!!!!! we gotta bleeder here !!! nurse where's the swabs ??" lol

Last edited:
I had to lower the gas tank again as when I did the stuck tank valve fix, I forgot to make sure the "keeper" that keeps the electrical connection to the fuel pump from coming loose. I had inserted it when putting things back together, but forgot to make sure it was seated in all the way. As I was mentally retracing all my work during the stuck valve fix, it dawned on me that I had forgot that little "keeper". Well, it's right now and everything is as should be. No sooner got that done than the brown truck showed up with my LED tail lights. Those installed fairly easy and they are MUCH brighter than the stock lights, especially the light I really wanted to be bright, the backup light. She's all dolled up now and as soon as I can I will post some pics of my 2006 TJ Rubicon.

Reactions: JMT
I installed an old KC Cyclone LED Under Hood Lighting Kit today. Fine tuned my placement of both lights over the past couple days and they have some really good coverage at this spacing. I had these laying around from my last vehicle and just found them today, figured I would put them to use again on the TJ this time!

IMG_6868.JPG
IMG_6870.JPG
IMG_6872.JPG
IMG_6873.JPG
IMG_6877.JPG
IMG_6875.JPG

Well my 05 LJ Automatic has 1000 miles that I put on it since I bought it in October and I am still getting used to what it can or can’t do and cleaning up any little issues I can before summer when the fun time in the woods starts.

From time to time I could smell coolant but could never find a leak. It was always coming from the front and not the exhaust so I did not feel it was a head gasket. The burp tank did not seem to be going down much if any and the tank level seemed a little low but still above the fins.

Well the Friday after thanks giving I could smell coolant pretty strong and lifted the hood and found the “AFTER MARKET RADIATOR” was leaking around the plastic top good enough to tell it was needing a new one.

I think what was happening was as I drove the tank would weep down and quickly evaporate to the fin level and that is why I could smell vapor and not see a leak.

So I taken a number of members advice and ordered a new Mopar one off of Amazon. Got it in Thursday and replaced in about 2 hours yesterday.

Everything is working great now and no more coolant smell.

Thanks to all for the advice and the Amazon sight to order one.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0049ELCHI/?tag=wranglerorg-20
Hopefully you never have an issue with the factory radiator. But in the future get a coolant pressure tester. This will help find leaks quickly and efficiently.

Reactions: Dsapt9
Stopped by a local Jeep shop and saw they had a small 19" LED bar that was a perfect fit on my ARB bumper. The bumper had two mounts for lights but I never got around to getting any, so I bought this and made a bracket to mount it up. Pretty happy with it!

View attachment 26425

Now just to give her a bath, lol
Looks great! What headlights do you have? Also, where did you source the clear side markers and signals?