What did you do to your TJ today?

I did everything I'm not supposed to and installed my new soft top early this morning. Temp was 50 with 20-30 mph winds and no good sun to lay it out and let it stretch. Took it straight out of the box and installed it. All went good, fitment was better than I expected. I still have to let the windows sit in the sun to get the wrinkles out from being boxed up. Took it for a 30 mile highway high-wind drive. Very quiet, even compared to my Bestop sailcloth top. Windows had zero flapping issues either. 3 year warranty, so I will see how it holds up. I don't think I'll be buying anymore $800 Bestop sailcloth tops anytime soon, if this works out. Paid $269 shipped. Sierra Offroad black Trilogy acoustic top. 45oz heavy top. So far, so good. Only time will tell.
sierra top window (2).jpg

sierra top.jpg

sierra top front corner.jpg

8A9BC907-A68E-4AE5-A777-CBDA51CC2D0F.jpeg
6C1D9938-FD52-4A16-A736-D62881CCCC7E.jpeg

I finally got my new fogs in place and working, I also find out why my front speakers never worked 🤷‍♂️ And took me 1.5 hours to figure out the PO mess of wiring they had.

Anyone know the colors of the speakers in the front for wiring purposes???? Hell I’m not even sure i have a way to mount replacement speakers up front 😡

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
I did everything I'm not supposed to and installed my new soft top early this morning. Temp was 50 with 20-30 mph winds and no good sun to lay it out and let it stretch. Took it straight out of the box and installed it. All went good, fitment was better than I expected. I still have to let the windows sit in the sun to get the wrinkles out from being boxed up. Took it for a 30 mile highway high-wind drive. Very quiet, even compared to my Bestop sailcloth top. Windows had zero flapping issues either. 3 year warranty, so I will see how it holds up. I don't think I'll be buying anymore $800 Bestop sailcloth tops anytime soon, if this works out. Paid $269 shipped. Sierra Offroad black Trilogy acoustic top. 45oz heavy top. So far, so good. Only time will tell.
View attachment 319807
View attachment 319809
View attachment 319810
Very interested in your thoughts. I'm pretty disappointed in the top that came installed from the PO on mine. Its a MasterTop something and its insanely loud on the highway. The 8 year old factory top on my 2001 was much quieter. If yours holds up, I'll be looking at this as a potentially quieter alternative that isn't $750+.

View attachment 319807
View attachment 319809
View attachment 319810
I’ve read good reviews on these, I wish they made a slant back top, my buddy has the bestop trex and I love the look and functions, he keeps threatening to sell his Jeep so maybe I can con him out of it for a good deal.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
View attachment 319817View attachment 319818

I finally got my new fogs in place and working, I also find out why my front speakers never worked 🤷‍♂️ And took me 1.5 hours to figure out the PO mess of wiring they had.

Anyone know the colors of the speakers in the front for wiring purposes???? Hell I’m not even sure i have a way to mount replacement speakers up front 😡

5 1/4" 5.25" Dash Speaker Adapters Fits 1997-2006 Jeep Wrangler- SAK042_475-1 Pair https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017DIMSDI/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I used something like this so I could put a round speaker in there and it worked out pretty well. Can’t remember the wiring colors though.

I just got my Rugged Ridge frameless soft top delivered, I am not putting it on until the Easter long weekend, I got the thicker sail cloth version but with tax it cost me $715 au, could have got the thinner version for $100 less, I just couldn't see the value in a best top that would have cost me closer to $2000 au landed. Best Top reviews haven't been so "Best" lately anyway. I wont sell my hard top yet in case I don't like the frameless.

Does the Sierra offroad version use OEM header?

I just got my Rugged Ridge frameless soft top delivered, I am not putting it on until the Easter long weekend, I got the thicker sail cloth version but with tax it cost me $715 au, could have got the thinner version for $100 less, I just couldn't see the value in a best top that would have cost me closer to $2000 au landed. Best Top reviews haven't been so "Best" lately anyway. I wont sell my hard top yet in case I don't like the frameless.

Does the Sierra offroad version use OEM header?
You have to buy a header bar for the frameless version.

I cut out the rust on my driver’s side torque box and installed a Saf-T-Cap repair section. The install was pretty straightforward but I had one issue present itself.

The repair section didn’t have bolt holes for the rocker guard rivnuts. I had to drill 3 well placed holes in the repair section.

The saf-t-cap section fit really well but for the price they charge I was disappointed I had to modify it to get everything to fit.

Welding the inboard side was somewhat challenging. Wish I had a flexible mig gun neck.

D0FB44BA-B947-4952-A8FF-89F72B095461.jpeg

Funny you should mention that. Both of mine are starting to shut down for whatever reason. I’ve never been a heavy drinker, ever, so the testing and drugs continue.
Make sure they keep you hydrated. My dad started having kidney issues when he was in the hospital over Christmas because they weren’t keeping him properly hydrated. Without water your kidneys don’t work.