What did you do to your TJ today?

It snowed today so took the doors off and went for a drive.

231FF523-4BB4-4377-BAD5-C62CA9F3E466.jpeg

Well in the past few days anyway... Owning a machine shop has it's privileges. I wanted to make my own almost flush LED tail lights. So I bought some LED lights,designed a housing, programed it then made them. Today I installed them. I will do a full right up on them in a few days. Here are some photos. The word OZZY is because I named the Jeep after My favorite Rocker! These are the tail lights. I also have an extra pair without the word Ozzy on them 6061-T^ Al. Hard anodized Black if anyone is interested. View attachment 26549 View attachment 26550 View attachment 26551 View attachment 26552

What light kit? How much would you charge to make me a set?

Thats an interesting mirror bracket setup, don't think i've ever seen ones like that before that go into both upper and lower hinges for stability, and have integrated foot pegs. Nice!
They also hold off the internal light switch, Kickbax make them they are a bit pricey.

Thanks! The headlights are WHDZ, I got them from Amazon for $100. They have a weird light pattern, but after a few months I don't even notice it anymore lol. The markers/signals were also from Amazon for $190. They are actually smoked. When I had my first 7 I was doing the same dark look and accidentally ordered "clear" sidemarkers. It looked a little weird to me, way too bright so I learned then that I want "smoked" not clear heh.

Clear:
View attachment 26523

Smoked:
View attachment 26525
Nice Bimmer! The smoked markers look much better. I had an '84 735i A, it was just as beautiful as yours. It had to stay when I left Germany in 2001, I friggin loved that car. Tan paint, tinted windows & super plush interior. I'd like to have another one someday.

Last edited:
Fixed a my lights as when I tried to turn them on Saturday night I blew a fuse...swapped over the Hvac 20amp one to get me home and Bammm !! that went too.:facepalm:..I had headlights and Brake-lights but no tail or dash lights. Ended up buying 2 very cheap bicycle tail-lights and duct taping them to the back to get me home.(primitive but it worked haha)
Obviously I had a short somewhere (maybe when I washed the TJ)...So opened the bonnet Sunday morning and let the sun get at it and dry it out...seems to have worked.:thumbsup: