What did you do to your TJ today?

Clamped the loop in it with too much slack. I have to cut right where the clamp is, so now the cable is too short.
If you have a Dremel with a cut-off wheel, and you are careful, you can cut the ferrule off instead of cutting the cable. Don’t ask how I know this…

Reactions: RINC and Dunkut88TJ
If you have a Dremel with a cut-off wheel, and you are careful, you can cut the ferrule off instead of cutting the cable. Don’t ask how I know this…
Too late just tried to clamp the cut off piece to what’s left, plenty of distance and would work … if there was any f*cking room to squeeze and clamp it in place. Just an aggravating task, but a new cable tomorrow. $50 throttle into $60 I guess.

Reactions: John Cooper
Too late just tried to clamp the cut off piece to what’s left, plenty of distance and would work … if there was any f*cking room to squeeze and clamp it in place. Just an aggravating task, but a new cable tomorrow. $50 throttle into $60 I guess.

If I may, you should wait till The Forum has spoken before tackling the next project.

Pulled my Dana 35 cover and drained the oil...was about 300 miles into the initial break in...but I wasn't getting the Eaton E-locker to function...did get it to lock up empty and was able to get it to engage/disengage cover off and empty.

Rigged up my gradiated funnel...twisted off...in a bench vise under the Jeep proped up with 2x4s so I could measure exact amounts and pumped 1.8 quarts out of the funnel...man that lube locker gasket sure made this a quicker project...

And the e-locker worked! Guessing I overfilled the diff...plus 85w140...

Not much glitter either!

And I wired up my in cab winch controls and troubleshot/schemed how to get my master arm switch to work on the lockers...I put a switch in front of the shifter that interrupts ground so I wouldn't accidentally switch on the lockers...there are two grounds on the Carling switches...one for the upper and lower indicator lights...I have one for the dash lights always grounded and the switch side for the relay trigger through the arm switch...but somehow they are internally bused together. Also need to rig a ground triggered relay for a winch power light indicator.

-Mac

IMG_20220401_122812468.jpg
IMG_20220401_140124683.jpg

With help from @TurboTJ and @Ron Hockett I finally got my Banks Sidewinder Turbo installed.

And my Snow Performance water/meth injection system is in.

This LJ is scary now. Damn scary. It SCREAMS now. I scream too. And so do the people in the car next to me. And the sirens behind me. It makes all your suspension shortcomings VERY apparent on the highway. And my fuel economy WILL suffer as a result as I can't keep my foot off the skinny pedal now. Aaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!

View attachment 319229

View attachment 319230

View attachment 319231

View attachment 319232

View attachment 319233
I have contended that the power we all crave will reveal every chassis shortcoming when things start happening faster... If nothing but the wheel base , That alone would make it hard to hang onto. I have seen some that were so fast that people got rid of them pretty quick-

Last edited:
I agree with Howard Stern about that slap. :cool:

He said "Smith, only got up to fight Rock, because he’s much bigger than the comedian."
“If Jason Momoa would have made that joke, [Smith], like a bitch, would have sat there in his seat. He would have said, ‘Thank you for acknowledging my wife, Mr. Momoa,’”
p.s. It's funny how jokes about his wife offend him, but her sleeping with other guys is ok with him. :rolleyes: That must be "Hollywood Love".
What was on Chris Rocks’ face the next day? Fresh Prints.

Pulled my Dana 35 cover and drained the oil...was about 300 miles into the initial break in...but I wasn't getting the Eaton E-locker to function...did get it to lock up empty and was able to get it to engage/disengage cover off and empty.

Rigged up my gradiated funnel...twisted off...in a bench vise under the Jeep proped up with 2x4s so I could measure exact amounts and pumped 1.8 quarts out of the funnel...man that lube locker gasket sure made this a quicker project...

And the e-locker worked! Guessing I overfilled the diff...plus 85w140...

Not much glitter either!

And I wired up my in cab winch controls and troubleshot/schemed how to get my master arm switch to work on the lockers...I put a switch in front of the shifter that interrupts ground so I wouldn't accidentally switch on the lockers...there are two grounds on the Carling switches...one for the upper and lower indicator lights...I have one for the dash lights always grounded and the switch side for the relay trigger through the arm switch...but somehow they are internally bused together. Also need to rig a ground triggered relay for a winch power light indicator.

-Mac

View attachment 319917View attachment 319918
on the Dana 35 diff cover, it’s possible for the fill plug to be screwed in far enough to interfere with an e locker. Some Teflon tape on the fill plug should help it tighten up before hitting the locker.