What did you do to your TJ today?

Ran over this sh!t in front of my house. There goes a thousand dollars. My tires were bad and I needed new ones anyway but I was holding out as long as possible because i'm not ready for a lift and bigger tires yet so 30" BFG k02s it is I guess. $183/ea Coming from Cooper Discover AT3's

View attachment 322959

View attachment 322960
T post clips?

Ran over this sh!t in front of my house. There goes a thousand dollars. My tires were bad and I needed new ones anyway but I was holding out as long as possible because i'm not ready for a lift and bigger tires yet so 30" BFG k02s it is I guess. $183/ea Coming from Cooper Discover AT3's

View attachment 322959

View attachment 322960
Looks like that bag of metal did you a favor lol

Finished up the 231-241 swap, some surprises drug it out a week longer than anticipated. I added the notes to the “how to” section for anyone else doing this.

For mine I ended up with the following for my 32RH application.

• 241 T-Case
  • Updated Savvy cable shifter bracket and cable end
  • Reverse switch for the dash 4WD light and pigtail
  • SpeedoHealer
  • Teraflex seal extension for the 32RH output shaft
  • New Tom Woods front and rear double carden driveshafts (mine was running 1310 ujoints and for the money to have them modified I opted for new ones that worked with the 1330 on the axles and t-case like a stock rubicon has)
Test drive tomorrow.

T post clips?
Yep. Felt it when I was backing into my driveway. Thought I broke an axle or something at first.
Looks like that bag of metal did you a favor lol
lol ya, I was trying to hold out a little longer.

However, the tire didn't go flat yet *knock on wood*. Gonna see what its doing in the morning. Chris made me a pretty good offer on some used K02's. I think I might go new anyway just for the warranty etc... Just sucks because within the year I planned on doing lift and 33's

More scouting for trash for Earth day weekend cleanup...found the end of the road...fixed my e-locker...rather there was nothing wrong...when you jack up the tires and spin them with the Jeep in gear the carrier doesn't rotate...needs about a 15 degree swing...so my test was bad...popped it out of gear after verifying wiring and bingo...called Eaton earlier...coil ohms should be 3.6 to 6.8 ohms...mines 3.2 and they said it's fine.

IMG_20220415_144347199_HDR.jpg

Put my Rampage bowless on today, took 3hours from box to on including removing Bikini and Tonneau cover plus a few sunrider bits from my door surrounds , no instructions whatsoever :( had to use utube for a few bits.
Surprised its not as fastback as I thought and these tops really are not made for jeeps with sound bars as the top looks lumpy at the sound bar.

Never try and put one of these tops on with the mesh sunshade still on! Took me at least an hour to get the centre tightening strap in the buckle under the mesh one handed blind lol

frameless.jpg

it'd look about the same without a sound bar due to the roll bar
The sound bar shape makes it lumpy looking but I am not used to soft tops so perhaps all the bowless look like that?
Anyway took it for a drive with both door windows open and it doesn't flap much, a little bit more at 100kph but I can easily live with it.

Reactions: matkal and Kiwi TJ
found out the teeth in my aussie locker are worn down to nubs. Most likely cause is uneven air pressure due to a slow leak in the front left tire. Needless to say I'm not happy.

• Wow
Reactions: matkal
By housing, do you mean like an axle tube?
So what happened on my cj5 is the long side tube actually stretched the collar entering the diff housing. It had vertical movement which affected the meshing of the locker teeth. I could hear the slippage and the locker acted like an open diff. Fixed it with a homemade truss.

DSC00021.jpg

So what happened on my cj5 is the long side tube actually stretched the collar entering the diff housing. It had vertical movement which affected the meshing of the locker teeth. I could hear the slippage and the locker acted like an open diff. Fixed it with a homemade truss.

View attachment 323099
The easiest way to tell is place a jack under the pumpkin and watch for the slightest movement where the tube enters the pumpkin.

Reactions: Claybirdd