What did you do to your TJ today?

Wrapped it! Well, had someone do it - Original paint was toast.
C54FD9CA-0004-4186-B170-BAFEEB2B2176.jpeg
2AE278C9-52BB-4AE5-95C2-8C1B6D47C8E6.jpeg
FEE1D531-C455-4EBE-97C3-6845652545B1.jpeg

Bumper project is finished. The two inside bolts on the driver side were a total PITA but I outsmarted an inanimate object once again.
View attachment 326361
Matkal great job !!! Is that a “thin” wheel there on the spare, I am looking for a skinny 15” wheel to mount it inside the Jeep with a skinny tire, like a 6” wide wheel that will fit the TJ 4.5” bolt pattern, what kind of wheel is that if you don’t mind ?

Reactions: matkal
How long will it last? cost difference between wrap and re spray?

Cheers.
Respray the same color would have been cheaper, but the quote I got for paint was just the hood/fenders. Wrap guy took all the dings out and the whole thing looks brand new. He was a perfectionist - wraps Beemers and Porsches - and wouldn’t settle for my “it’s just a Jeep” view.

Had the same 3m wrap on a camaro for my other daughter that lasted about 6 years - and it was kept outside the whole time.

I want to build one but the supports are a problem, I need to fit both my cargo boxes underneath so I cant have a centre support.
2X4 across top of each wheel well, then 2X6's across Jeep on top of 2X4's. Dress off lumber as you wish. It is solid and leaves the floor space completely open.

DSC_0669.JPG

DSC_0675.JPG

Last edited:
Normal day on an aussi road! he was just giving the sheep a wash! :cool:
Sheep stink real bad in the heat and its never any fun getting stuck behind a stock train and there is a lot!

Do US truckers give indicator signals when its safe to overtake? quick right indicator followed by quick left indicator = safe to overtake, quick flash of your hazards or a quick right left once in front to say thanks.

In return slower or slowing down vehicles put left indicator on then flash headlights when last trailer has cleared you.

If on a 2-lane road, I'll shade over to the fog line to let whatever is behind me to see up ahead. We have buttons to interrupt the marker lights or flash the four-ways to acknowledge to other driver.

For the love of God, don't use your hi-beams to let me know when I have room to come over. At night with tyred eyes, I hate that.

Mountain Dew in New Zealand? That is the official redneck drink in the US (I'm a native of North Carolina and proud redneck).

Sundrop FTW !

If on a 2-lane road, I'll shade over to the fog line to let whatever is behind me to see up ahead. We have buttons to interrupt the marker lights or flash the four-ways to acknowledge to other driver.

For the love of God, don't use your hi-beams to let me know when I have room to come over. At night with tyred eyes, I hate that.

Sundrop FTW !
Day time flash! Only the foolish drive cars at night on country roads and they soon stop doing it after they have hit their first Roo!

• USA Proud
Reactions: HooDoo and RINC