What did you do to your TJ today?

I guess this is technically a jk but performed an engine swap on my daughter's new marketplace score. She is learning to scour marketplace for jeep parts. Her battery was dead so a good time for an upgrade!

20220502_204012.jpg

Attachments

• 20220502_204200.mp4
    10 MB
I fixed a very annoying squeak in the dashboard. I found that the squeak stopped when I reached up & jammed my fingers in the gap above the speedometer/tach enclosure so I tried jamming different things like rubber or plastic tubing into the gap & they all worked for awhile until they either compressed or popped completely out. Today I bought some pink gum erasers that I found in the office supplies department at Wal Mart. I cut them down so that they would fit onto the gap very tightly & now the squeak is GONE! I put 4 of these eraser pieces into the gap & I think it’s going to be a permanent fix. I might color them black with a magic marker or something, but they really don’t show because the Jeep is lifted & you would need to be on a step ladder to see the gap.

View attachment 327451

View attachment 327452
Sooooo would you say the squeak has been 'Erased' then ? :unsure:

Well, it took a bit longer than I had hoped. Needed a bit more leverage and some soaking in penitrating oil - but put in a 1.5" Buchanan seat lift today. Hard to say if I would have liked the 1" lift more or not. The view from the 1.5" riser us much nicer than stock. Flipping the passenger seat forward, it kisses under the glove compartment - the 1" probably would not have touched. Will need to drive it a bit to see if the higher front seat puts too much pressure under the front of my legs.

Waiting on a part from Fastenall to fix my front hood latch. Kind of went crazy with the CC, but none of that really till it is installed, right?

Installed the Rough country 1.25" seat lift. The hardware was long enough but the little lift blocks are plastic so we'll see how long they last. The seating position is much better and personally I find that I have a much better view over the hood of my jeep. I'm about 5'10" and even with the seat lift I can still see all my gauges. Only thing I have a hard time seeing now is the overhead traffic lights at intersections😅

Anyone know of any metal wheel well inserts for the TJ? I have aftermarket fenders on that are open and nothing to protect the engine bay from water and mud.

View attachment 327455
I used 3/32" Neoprene Spring Rubber Sheeting (70A Durometer) from McMaster-Carr when I had my TNT fenders. I cut the sheeting to shape and fit then I drilled holes in the fender and used the push-in body panel clips to hold it in place.

Over the weekend I explored the Huron National Forest, discovered the wonders of a front(lunchbox) locker, tore off one of my fog lights and “disconnected “ the other, discovered the wonders of discos and did some extensive pinstriping😎

Where is this? Looks right up my alley, we live over towards Bay City