What did you do to your TJ today?

Crap man, thats bad news, she will never forgive you neither in this Life or the next. You know, I do not even walk by her car, I go around the house through the grass and my car NEVER is parked near her closer than 25 feet. There is an old saying......... “ If you never walk near an airplane you will never be hit by a prop “. Time to trade that car for a new one, thats the only total way out !!!!!!!!!
No ! I was 10 times more upset .... she was not concerned. I am getting her a new car soon and I get this one. So she just kind of laughed.....well it's going to be yours ! It's getting fixed right and some unrelated damage .... so good as new ! I'm getting rid of the two sports cars and driving the old SUV and her a new one.

I finally lowered the Windshield, I am so happy !! The reason I got the TJ is the Transfer 4x4, and the lowering of the W.S., the rest is secondary. I love riding w.s. down and I do it 90% of the time, so it was a most. I started applying lubricant oil to the hinges the same day I got it, about a month ago, almost daily, plus a film of heavy grease to cover the hinge joints to prevent rain water from getting into the hinges ( Jeep sleeps outside ). Windshield came down easily and became 100% loose in about 20 to 30 cycles up and down. This is a thing all Jeep owners should do to their Jeeps regularly, oil the hinges pins, specially if the Jeep sleeps outside.

View attachment 328159
I really hope this is a troll post. Windshields exist for a reason, and more than just blocking wind. What do you think happens in a rollover with your A-pillars and spreader bars out of the equation? What do you think a rock to the face feels like at 40 mph? That footman loop on the windshield is meant to secure it to the hood's footman loop which is missing. I don't know what you think that rod going from the console to the hardtop is doing or will do, but I'm scared to ask. The windshield is meant to fold down for off road use. I would highly recommend you keep it folded up before you win a Darwin award.

Roger, Roger…!
I just cut up a new hood this afternoon myself.

53918D26-29EB-4A74-A208-13186501F80F.jpeg

I really hope this is a troll post. Windshields exist for a reason, and more than just blocking wind. What do you think happens in a rollover with your A-pillars and spreader bars out of the equation? What do you think a rock to the face feels like at 40 mph? That footman loop on the windshield is meant to secure it to the hood's footman loop which is missing. I don't know what you think that rod going from the console to the hardtop is doing or will do, but I'm scared to ask. The windshield is meant to fold down for off road use. I would highly recommend you keep it folded up before you win a Darwin award.
Kill joy! What do you think happens to a TJ head on with the screen up? Incorporated Crumple zone protection? lol

• Haha
Reactions: John Cooper
Wow, good thing he doesn't ride a motorcycle huh!:rolleyes:

Don't worry about it. If a troll post is what you were trying for it looks like you certainly succeeded at that.

Windshields themselves don't do much about rollover protection, it's the windshield frame that helps with that and even they don't do a whole lot there.

The windshield just stops the wind and liquids along with some solids and even some living things (as long as they aren't too heavy and/or large) from getting into the car or your face.

Installed an EBay dash switch and ARB compressor after removing the stock locker pumps. It kinda felt like sacrilege removing the locker switch and much of the locker-harness wiring, but it was time to rip the band-aide off.

Grabbing a tee fitting today and waiting on a 3 ft. hose to come from Amazon (for quick access at the bumper).

View attachment 325126

View attachment 325127
Can you post the link to where you got the two switches on eBay?