What did you do to your TJ today?

Finished up the display Jeep dash and mine today. Missing the driver’s side vent and the passenger speaker cover. But so much better looking than before I think! My overhead speakers work now too, I can actually hear my music now too while driving.

Parts Jeep with my old dash…
View attachment 329330

My Jeep with the “new” dash…
View attachment 329331
Need to finish tidying up the harness hanging out the bottom. Reverse lights still aren’t working so I’ll dive into that tomorrow and my ZJ steering should be showing up tomorrow, so that might happen too.
Have you checked the reverse switch plug on the transmission? My backup lights didn’t work when I got mine but they were just unplugged. I replaced the bulbs and looked at fuses before trying that lol

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Trying to get my upper steering shaft installed. The splines closest to the steering wheel haven’t been cooperating. If I had another person on the other end I think it would be a simple job, but I’m a glutton for punishment

63679F2E-07F3-4CEA-A00A-9121E73EABA3.jpeg

Have you checked the reverse switch plug on the transmission? My backup lights didn’t work when I got mine but they were just unplugged. I replaced the bulbs and looked at fuses before trying that lol
Ya. I replaced the switch in the transmission already. Don’t sure if the old one was bad, but I figured a new one wouldn’t hurt anything. I checked the fuse box as well.

Reactions: Blondie70
Ya. I replaced the switch in the transmission already. Don’t sure if the old one was bad, but I figured a new one wouldn’t hurt anything. I checked the fuse box as well.
Have you done any voltage tests ? Test at the socket and then work your way back to the fuse box and test from the switch back to fuse box is where I would start. I’m not a professional. Also there is a PDF available of the service manual with pretty in depth wiring diagrams if your wiring is factory it would be pretty easy to read the prints

Reactions: TreverStevens
Put on "new to me" Rubicon Fender Flares. These were trash when they were given to me. Someone had sprayed bed liner on them. I sanded them down and used SEM paint and clear coat. They look pretty good considering what they looked like when I got them. I should have taken a picture of them before I worked them over.

IMG_6853.jpg
IMG_6854.jpg

Found out my wheels are on the way today and will be here Thursday. These are on backorder with Ultra and I was afraid I would have to choose another style wheel. So it was a good day today !

Wheel.jpg

Got two quarts of base coat the blue my jeep is so I can do all the paint corrections.

I'm interested in how you like red head gear box, seems like their reviews started going bad lately. I have slop in my box and I'm debating on just going with PSC box.
Check out Blue Top Steering Gear. I think he used to work for Redhead and ended up starting his own place due to a difference of opinions. I have one in my old '91 Dodge Cummins and it is SOLID not to mention cheaper. No Cummins death wobble.

Reactions: DougyintheBushies
Check out Blue Top Steering Gear. I think he used to work for Redhead and ended up starting his own place due to a difference of opinions. I have one in my old '91 Dodge Cummins and it is SOLID not to mention cheaper. No Cummins death wobble.
I have seen them but if I’m remembering right they had no replacement for the Mercedes’ box in the later tjs

I'm interested in how you like red head gear box, seems like their reviews started going bad lately. I have slop in my box and I'm debating on just going with PSC box.
So far it has been tight. I did see the reviews and I decided to try them. My alignment guy told me that’s who they use. I looked at PSC and I just couldn’t swing the almost $900 for a steering box.

So far it has been tight. I did see the reviews and I decided to try them. My alignment guy told me that’s who they use. I looked at PSC and I just couldn’t swing the almost $900 for a steering box.
Looks like you have the early TJ box. I got the Mercedes’ box . That’s probably contributing to the bad reviews I was reading.