What did you do to your TJ today?

ok, I gota ask, why all the hate for high lift jacks?
While I can agree that some of the "hate" is a bit hyperbolic, the times that a farm jack is needed to do a job that the OEM jack can't do are few and far between. That's not even mentioning the size/weight considerations compared to the OEM jack.

Reactions: Blondie70
While I can agree that some of the "hate" is a bit hyperbolic, the times that a farm jack is needed to do a job that the OEM jack can't do are few and far between. That's not even mentioning the size/weight considerations compared to the OEM jack.
Let me regale you with a story from 1998 when I still was running my cj5. Moses Lake sand dunes. Nighttime about 10pm. Don't know who the guy was but he had modified his cj7 with coil overs and trianglated 4 link. He and a buddy of his were running with 4 of my buddies and I and we all were ripping it up. Somehow this 7 managed to break both lca frame mounts off the frame and both arms dug in and rotated to the back. ( Upon inspection, bad welds.) One of my buddies had an on board welder so we used 2 hi lift jacks and 2 winches to lift and stabilize the back of the jeep. Still had to dig some big holes to get the arms pointed forward again. Got the mounts in place and I made quick work welding it back up. So you never know when that versatile tool will come in handy.

If you come down to Windrock, let me know and I’ll try and coordinate to come up. It’s only about 4 hours away. AOP(adventure off-road park) is another really cool spot in Eastern Tennessee. I’ll be in Windrock the last weekend in June.
The 25th and 26th? I'll be at Windrock that weekend for the Eastern Jeepster Jam.

Reactions: TRE3TOP
Let me regale you with a story from 1998 when I still was running my cj5. Moses Lake sand dunes. Nighttime about 10pm. Don't know who the guy was but he had modified his cj7 with coil overs and trianglated 4 link. He and a buddy of his were running with 4 of my buddies and I and we all were ripping it up. Somehow this 7 managed to break both lca frame mounts off the frame and both arms dug in and rotated to the back. ( Upon inspection, bad welds.) One of my buddies had an on board welder so we used 2 hi lift jacks and 2 winches to lift and stabilize the back of the jeep. Still had to dig some big holes to get the arms pointed forward again. Got the mounts in place and I made quick work welding it back up. So you never know when that versatile tool will come in handy.
I was wheeling with some Toyota trucks around Wallace ID a few years ago and one of them lost the driver side, rear axle, front spring bolt. Axle went all wonky. We used my Hi-Lift to get the frame up and my come-a-long to pull the axle back up to where we could (believe it or not) pound a ratchet extension in place of the missing bolt. Was enough to get the truck back to the trail head where they could get it on a trailer and home for proper repairs.

Removed and painted the tether loop on the hood (small detail, but I was tired of looking at the faded grey). Earlier this week I replaced the release cable on my passenger seat that lifts the seat up for better access to the rear seat

Well, I treated my recovery gear bag to a couple of Badlands soft shackles & a Badlands kinetic (stretch) snatch strap, both from Harbor Freight Tools. Total cost including sales tax was $129.74. ‘Not bad. Their gear is reasonably priced & is used by a lot of wheelers. An added bonus is that my bag is lighter because J was able to take out those heavy steel shackles.

CDD8798E-F768-4BA3-8805-262246323637.jpeg

D7C353B9-9CE8-43A5-9F9F-28D0C318D2B4.jpeg

Are you familiar with Royal City? My parents and I lived there when I was a baby. Last time I was through there, it hadn't changed much from what my dad told me.
I know where it is but I've never been there. That whole Columbia Basin area has been seeing pretty good growth over the last 10 years. Still mostly agriculture but a lot of manufacturing has been starting up.

Reactions: Zorba
Installed new intermediate steering shaft and factory zj steering box rebuilt by West Texas Off-road. Steers great now, keep over correcting.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ