What did you do to your TJ today?

Then that's my guess. Someone broke the steering at some point to steal it. I'd take that all apart and find the correct pieces. There may even be wires messed up around there.

Mine worked fine then wouldn't start. It all depended on the final tumbler position.

Like I said, try running something like the wipers to see if they run while you think it's off.
Well, weak start again this morning, but have a jump pack in the Jeep just in case, but the wipers do not turn on when the Jeep is off.

I'll pop the steering column's trim pieces off and still have a look.

Think a test light and fuses should be enough to potentially find the fault or will I absolutely need to go grab a multimeter?

• Sad
Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Went to look for something cheaper on gas..........

6x6 8.3L Cummins diesel engine. :unsure:
Military 6x6.jpg

Yeah, I can remove the key in any position; it can easily be taken out while I'm driving down the road. But when I park my Jeep I put it in the off or lock position (Doesn't actually lock the wheel at all), I actually also don't have the key release button in my Jeep either for some reason. What all is needed on a TJ to replace the tumbler and keep the original key? I don't have the title yet, I financed a small amount so I could build some credit, would that interfere with anything?

View attachment 333247

I have the same issue.. but I do have the lock release button..
Following this for the steps to fix it. I would like to keep the OE key that is matched to the doors and tailgate.

Reactions: John Cooper
Yes… we’ll sort of

In letting the sun stretch it but I also didn’t realize it kit came with door surround but not the windshield/header bar. So I’m using my C Channel as a temp solution until it comes on

Looked at an 04' auto Columbia Edition with 134,000 miles on it for $8500. Frame was repaired, but it looked good. I passed on it anyway and it sold within a day. Some people don't know to look at the frames or don't care. I do.
View attachment 333569

But, but half doors man !