What did you do to your TJ today?

Armor, oh yeah!

IMG_1080.jpg

ordered the Rox Offroad The Judge Flag Mounting Kit with License Plate Bracket:cool:. The flag pole works and looks great! Install was fairly easy, just when it says use a reciprocating saw actually use one. Tried using a bow saw at first, but found out the hard way that there's aluminium under that plastic. Holds the flag well at a decent speed. Overall I definitely would recommend this item https://highcountryoffroad.com/product/judge-flag-mounting-kit-license-plate-bracket-wrangler/

Pulled the hardtop and installed the Trektop.......top
Now I'm cool like NASCAR
Haven't installed the windows yet, need to drill for the tailgate retainer ends since mine was a hardtop only version

https://postimg.cc/t1zjpwJW]
20220626-133403.jpg
[/url]

https://postimg.cc/Btb0fh0P]
20220626-133414.jpg
[/url]

Last edited:
FINALLY had a nice weekend in N Idaho. Installed the hoist this weekend and pulled the hard top.
20220626_103729.jpg

One of the straps took a chunk out of the door seal on the passenger side. I know nothing about fiberglass repair so that is on the list. I installed the soft top that came with the Jeep, let it sit in the sun for a bit to relax and loosen up a bit. Turns out the rear window zipper is screwed up and I had to use wire cutters to snip the zipper to detach the rear window. It will make a fine bikini top for the summer till I can get a new soft top sometime down the road, but it will definitely have to be replaced at some time. The side windows appear to be in good shape, but I am never going to use them. Anyone need a set of tan side windows?
20220626_113522.jpg

Today has been more about house and yard cleaning so I am thinking I just might have to take my daughter to Zips for a slushy just to get out of the house.

Finally getting back to my storage box. Life happened a bit and I've been busy. Pieces are all cut. Just doing final glue up. Sub box is sized for a dayton rss265-ho 10" sub that I am re using from a different project. Sized it so that my camp chef stove will slide in tight and hold it without moving much.

View attachment 339336

View attachment 339337

View attachment 339338

Top is on and drying. Clamps and nailer definately help out. Camp tote fits pretty snug on the right side. Camp stove and air compressor fit on left side with some room to spare. Will sand it all smooth, weather seal it, wrap Top, sides, and top of bottom boxes in black carpet. Will leave some exposed wood as I think it will look good. Getting there. The heat is tough today in the garage.

20220626_162208.jpg

20220626_162448.jpg

Swapped out the stock windshield washer nozzles in hopes of a mist rather than the stock direct shots of water. The ones I bought can't be aimed high enough and are firing right at the parked wiper blades. Need to try something different.

Installed the new Trektop Nx last week and have been loving it. Resolved two things that disappoint me... the plastic corner stiffeners and the white underside of the top deck (and that there are no straps to roll up the rear window, but that's a project for another day).

Removed the plastic stiffeners so the windows can be rolled up for storage. That was easy. The top still looks great and surprisingly, the rear corners don't look all floppy.

Painted the underside of the top deck using flat black Duplicolor Vinyl and Fabric paint. It took two and a half cans to get a nice solid finish and it looks fantastic.

2022-06-26 TJ Painted TrekTop 01.jpg

2022-06-26 TJ Painted TrekTop 02.jpg

2022-06-26 TJ Painted TrekTop 08.jpg

2022-06-26 TJ Painted TrekTop 09.jpg

Still need to the quarter windows and around the rear window. Also painted the front bow flat black

And added a sticker that has to be worth at least 0.05hp.
2022-06-26 TJ Life is Good 05.jpg

Last edited:
Installed the new Trektop Nx last week and have been loving it. Resolved two things that disappoint me... the plastic corner stiffeners and the white underside of the top deck (and that there are no straps to roll up the rear window, but that's a project for another day).

Removed the plastic stiffeners so the windows can be rolled up for storage. That was easy. The top still looks great and surprisingly, the rear corners don't look all floppy.

Painted the underside of the top deck using flat black Duplicolor Vinyl and Fabric paint. It took two and a half cans to get a nice solid finish and it looks fantastic.

View attachment 339396

View attachment 339397

View attachment 339398

View attachment 339399

Still need to the quarter windows and around the rear window. Also painted the front bow flat black

And add a sticker that has to be worth at least 0.05hp.
View attachment 339400

My short 20 minute test drive I didn't notice the gray underside but that black looks great, I was planning on painting the cross bar anyway

Reactions: MikekiM
My short 20 minute test drive I didn't notice the gray underside but that black looks great, I was planning on painting the cross bar anyway

I knew it was going to need to be painted. I did it on my last JK too. Looks good when the sunrider is folder back too. Not looking forward to doing the side windows.