What did you do to your TJ today?

Tonight I swapped the rear track bar, as per usual it took me an hour longer than it should because instead of looking at the situation I decided to
fight the axle side bolt instead of just jacking up the diff and pulling it out by hand 🤬
The difference is so amazing, the stock bar bushings were dry rotted and flakey

Now the only original bushings are the two on the front axle housing, everything else is either Currie or Savvy

Last edited:
Update.

Made it home about 45min ago.

Just drove 1,000mi total time about 18hrs TODAY. Tucson AZ to Hesperia CA to pick up a Garvin EXT Series bumper and tire carrier system with optional top basket and Jerry can holder with the Jerry can for a quarter of the price brand new. (It all fit INSIDE the TJ)

The TJ did flawless 75 to 80 the whole way with the AC on. Brand new 30" BFG K02's were sooo smooth and quiet.

IMG_20220814_214213.jpg

IMG_20220805_111439.jpg

Update.

Just drove 1,000mi total time about 18hrs TODAY. Tucson AZ to Hesperia CA to pick up a Garvin EXT Series bumper and tire carrier system with optional top basket and Jerry can holder with the Jerry can for a quarter of the price brand new. (It all fit INSIDE the TJ)

The TJ did flawless 75 to 80 the whole way with the AC on. Brand new 30" BFG K02's were sooo smooth and quiet.

View attachment 351160

View attachment 351161

Wow...that's a road-trip.
I dont think of the miles...just think about the adventure....Looks like a good buy. (y)

Wow...that's a road-trip.
I dont think of the miles...just think about the adventure....Looks like a good buy. (y)

Was an impulse buy. Wanted something like this but it was wayyy down my list. Got lucky by finding it and it was still available. I just couldn't pass up the deal, so I had to go get it.

Update.

View attachment 351160

View attachment 351161

Oh dang, got me beat again. I didn't drive my LJ to get the doors. I tacked it onto a work trip so I could take a 35mpg rental.

Saw this 2001 auto for sale while searching for a Jeep for the wife. I guess this one hasn't cracked the head yet. :oops:

Seller's Description​

Solid frame and has a hitch. 420,000 original miles and still running good. Needs a battery and brake line fixed behind the front wheel. $4,000 obo or possibly trade.
1660567208346.png

Last edited:
Was an impulse buy. Wanted something like this but it was wayyy down my list. Got lucky by finding it and it was still available. I just couldn't pass up the deal, so I had to go get it.

How much did you spend on a 1000 miles worth of gas? Was it still a deal after that?

Reactions: R3ID05TJ
Made progress on the front bumper and underlying frame bits over the weekend. Hope to have the bumper paint completed today.
Edit: Hand sanded all the rusty bits off, cleaned, prepped, then rattle can 2x prime/paint. Luckily just surface rust but there was a bunch so it took awhile.

IMG_8696.JPG

IMG_8697.JPG

Bumper was custom fabricated by previous owner's friend so I'm refreshing it for duty while I address other items first.

Was seeing if my adjustable wrench would fit, to replace my oil pressure sensor and found a corroded black wire just hanging nearby. Jeep wouldn't start, so I figured it went to the starter (couldn't see it). Drove my other car to Autozone to buy a connector and all is good again...................except that my wrench wouldn't fit the sensor. :confused: Also the wife wanted me to buy her another KJ Liberty because I apparently tore up the transmission in her old one by driving it 2 days (it went out when I was driving).:unsure: I told her no more oil burning POS Libertys, but I might buy her this 04' WJ tomorrow. One older owner and garage kept with 101,000 miles. I used to have a 2000' WJ 4.7L QuadraDrive that was great in snow.

View attachment 350184

Had one just like this a million years ago. It was red. Wouldn't mind another one.

I'm gonna need a bigger driveway.

• Haha
Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Had an alarm fitted today....the guy thought it was funny when he kept asking me questions I would keep saying "Nah don't have that "
Glass break sensor?.... nah don't have glass
Central locking sensor ?... nah don't have that
Boot release ?... nah don't need that.
Bonnet release ? Nah don't have that.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
So anyway he manage to fit an immobilizer and something that if the doors are on and opened it will go off...if the doors are off and somebody rocks the Jeep when they get in..it will go off.

It gonna take some getting used too ... 10 years without one..I know I'm gonna wake the neighbours for the next few days getting in and forgetting I have an alarm now :ROFLMAO: