What did you do to your TJ today?

Well I have all the parts now to put the OME springs and Rancho shocks on , get all that crap PO put in, now 2.5 lift done right .
This should make for a much better ride, can't wait !

I bought a new resistor for the fan motor but it looks like the connector is melted too. Twisted the connector around and the motor started to run. Fan made a little noise and the air was not getting real cold so I guess a little charge is needed to.
I will address that rebuild when I get back , replace blower motor , new connector plug and all.

This jeep has the weirdest electric windows ..... you have to crank these little hand generators to get them to go up and down .
One way for up and the other way for down.

Well, have been tied to my house way too much for the last 2 days. Estes was supposed to pick up my hard top between 10am and 4pm - they showed up slightly before 7pm on Tuesday, then refused to load it. Got the paperwork they lost, and they came by at 4pm today. Ok, not too impressive. I visited the shop that has my Jeep on a lift (ok, seems that I am visiting it daily. Monday I went to tell them I had one more part to install, Tuesday UPS brought the part so I had to bring it over, today the shop owner called me to come by)... 2 more days. While I was bored sitting at my computer I applied for my GMRS license - just got the email with my license. Guess I am more legal now. Finally got in touch with Arizona Rocky Road - so hopefully will get the GMRS mounted next week. Oh, parts for the stereo upgrade came in today-so that is also on the agenda for this weekend or next week (going to be stuck at the house for the holiday weekend, so should have time to work on it (if the jeep comes down off the lift). Time to start deciding if I want to put in a dash camera...

Well, have been tied to my house way too much for the last 2 days. Estes was supposed to pick up my hard top between 10am and 4pm - they showed up slightly before 7pm on Tuesday, then refused to load it. Got the paperwork they lost, and they came by at 4pm today. Ok, not too impressive. I visited the shop that has my Jeep on a lift (ok, seems that I am visiting it daily. Monday I went to tell them I had one more part to install, Tuesday UPS brought the part so I had to bring it over, today the shop owner called me to come by)... 2 more days. While I was bored sitting at my computer I applied for my GMRS license - just got the email with my license. Guess I am more legal now. Finally got in touch with Arizona Rocky Road - so hopefully will get the GMRS mounted next week. Oh, parts for the stereo upgrade came in today-so that is also on the agenda for this weekend or next week (going to be stuck at the house for the holiday weekend, so should have time to work on it (if the jeep comes down off the lift). Time to start deciding if I want to put in a dash camera...

Did you apply for your GMRS license online? If not. Where did you get your paperwork? Thanks

We pulled the 304 and dropped in a 401 out of an AMX :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: talk about a fast little car....

The Gremlin X 401

1977-AMC-Gremlin-21.jpg

Applied online, took less than 48hrs to get my license. It was annoying, partially because my account was a mess. I had an FCC number, due to my amature radio license already - but apparently it was not yet linked to my email. So had to figure out my FCC number, set up an email account, then link the number to the email. Again, I felt like I was chained to my house, so the 30-45 minutes trying to figure it all out was not too annoying.

I don't know what has happened with Arizona Rocky Road, only that their website was down and the email account that was listed on their website appeared down as well. Another forum member gave me a personal email address that they had used with Rick, and he replied promptly.

Reactions: RINC and Zorba
I don't know what has happened with Arizona Rocky Road, only that their website was down and the email account that was listed on their website appeared down as well. Another forum member gave me a personal email address that they had used with Rick, and he replied promptly.
The site is still down - actually, its a "new site placeholder", but glad he's still kicking. He's good people!

• USA Proud
Reactions: RINC
Finished it up for the most part, took it out for a test drive. Runs great and no awkward noises or smells! went to the hardware store though and came out to this...thought it was fuel from a distance and then discovered that wiper fluid was draining from the rear tube lol. WHEW!

PXL_20220818_181821470.jpg

PXL_20220818_181829059.jpg

Finished it up for the most part, took it out for a test drive. Runs great and no awkward noises or smells! went to the hardware store though and came out to this...thought it was fuel from a distance and then discovered that wiper fluid was draining from the rear tube lol. WHEW!

View attachment 352160

View attachment 352161

We need to see more pictures than a rear bumper and leaking rear windshield washer hose.

This is the mess PO had for a lift , shocks were shot.

1660852765603.png

Here is the OME set up with Rancho 5000x shocks.

1660852825416.png

Here is the back OME springs and Rancho 5000x shocks.

1660853044756.png

The new springs lifted the jeep a good bit more , I like the stance but now I have another problem .
The rear drive shaft has vibration and I am going to have to lower the skid plate and hope that fixes it.
The problem is how to in such a short time.

1660853313799.png

Ran to Rustys Off Road and picked up a kit to lower the skid plate, hope that does the trick.

View attachment 352233

Poly bushings compress and the bolts cannot be torqued. IF you are interested; I have a transfer case drop kit available in the forums TJ Classifieds which I used steel fender washers so bolts can be torqued.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ