What did you do to your TJ today?

Finished restoring a set of Rubicon Moab wheels today. Pretty beat up but I got the set cheap. I sanded them all down, fillid in the dings, primed, painted, clear coat, and polished up. Pretty pleased with the results.
image.jpg

Yes

Rampage yup that's them.. I think I'll leave them, for now - what r u thinking about yours?
Probably the same, leave them for now. I had a set of Hella black magics, and they were so cheaply made that they broke when I mounted them. Sent them back and got these rampages. They will do for now, I don't use 'em much anyway.

Tried locating a wiper motor locally to no avail. Looks like I’ll be running rainx until I find one online. Likely a sign for me to get one cheaper that way lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi
My wiper motor failed a week ago and the only one I could get locally was remanufactured. I'd had problems with remanufactured parts years ago and haven't used them since. I should have remembered that lesson but wanted to get it fixed. The first one I picked up wouldn't work at all and the second one sounded so bad I returned it. I then tried a salvage yard in my town where they pick the parts so I had to wait a couple days. This part looked worse then the one I took out. I passed on it and did what I should have already done. I ordered a motor and linkage from a Mopar website. Hopefully I'll get it by next weekend and can finish this project up. On a good note, I did get out for a ride today and that was pretty good but we've got rain coming in for the next few days so she won't be leaving the driveway.

that is very cool!
I want it too, but not legal here in switzerland.
[emoji41]
Markus

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

In EU, some of the front tow hooks are not legal on the road.
We are very lucky in the states that we can do a lot of mods and still is road legal.
And come to think we are still bunch of whiners :)

What did you think of the Teraflex ?..why did you change up ?
It's a long story I'll try to make it quick. I thought theTeraflex was good but here's why the change. I got the kit from a buddy that took it off of his Jeep to put a fancy Currie kit on. I used the teraflex for a while but the kit had allot of miles on it and he towed a small trailer so the shocks leaked, bushings were worn, and the springs were sagging. I was going to purchase parts to repair but the same buddy (after breaking his axle for the second time in the same spot) did a one ton axle swap with coilovers. So I bought the currie kit from him. The Metal Cloak stuff? Well after running the Currie for a while I wanted to try something diffrent. It's not really a complete Metal Cloak kit. It's Metal Cloak springs, and track bars. The rest is home built control arms with Johnny joints and Bilstein shocks. One other reason for the is the Teraflex uses linear springs Currie and Metal Cloak use more of a progressive type spring. I do allot of camping with the Jeep so it gets loaded heavy with camp gear. I think both the Currie and Metal Cloak do a better job of handling the weight. Currie being the better of the two which is one of the reasons my buddy switched to Currie originally. Sorry for my horrible spelling and grammer hope that answers your question.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
haha didn't notice the bad spelling at all....Thanks for the info though...I'm thinking about the Teraflex 2 inch lift kit but not many here seem to have gone down that road...Id love a Currie set up of course but the moola says is out of my reach for now. lol...

haha didn't notice the bad spelling at all....Thanks for the info though...I'm thinking about the Teraflex 2 inch lift kit but not many here seem to have gone down that road...Id love a Currie set up of course but the moola says is out of my reach for now. lol...
Save...save...save... Be patient AND you can upgrade to anything you want.

Reactions: Starrs and Kiwi TJ
Not quite a "What I did to" as a "What I did for my TJ"...
Just got off the phone with an off road shop that was advertising a "used", but new set of OME HD springs (front and rear) for sale. So, a guy picks up a '99 TJ, and drops it off at this shop for a lift, aftermarket bumper, winch, etc. Shop installs the OME HD springs front and rear. Rig is sitting in the shop for a week while other parts are on the way. Customer comes in and says he's going a different route, and just wants to return the Jeep to stock height, as it's no longer getting the winch and bumper, etc. Used, but new (never driven on) OME HD springs...$150, plus $50 shipping. Said he'd credit me a refund if shipping turns out to be less. Seemed like a decent sort (you sometimes just get a feeling about folks), so I bought 'em. Lookin' forward to their arrival. I know the A/B stickers might be missing, so may have to switch springs around if I get the TJ lean I keep hearing about. For the cost savings, I'll deal with that. ;)

*Seller says the springs still have the A/B stickers, and was surprised I knew about that. He obviously isn't on this forum! ;)

Last edited:
Not quite a "What I did to" as a "What I did for my TJ"...
Just got off the phone with an off road shop that was advertising a "used", but new set of OME HD springs (front and rear) for sale. So, a guy picks up a '99 TJ, and drops it off at this shop for a lift, aftermarket bumper, winch, etc. Shop installs the OME HD springs front and rear. Rig is sitting in the shop for a week while other parts are on the way. Customer comes in and says he's going a different route, and just wants to return the Jeep to stock height, as it's no longer getting the winch and bumper, etc. Used, but new (never driven on) OME HD springs...$150, plus $50 shipping. Said he'd credit me a refund if shipping turns out to be less. Seemed like a decent sort (you sometimes just get a feeling about folks), so I bought 'em. Lookin' forward to their arrival. I know the A/B stickers might be missing, so may have to switch springs around if I get the TJ lean I keep hearing about. For the cost savings, I'll deal with that. ;)

*Seller says the springs still have the A/B stickers, and was surprised I knew about that. He obviously isn't on this forum! ;)
according to ARB The AB is for to offset the driver seat and drivers wheels in Australia, but it is a guideline here in the US. There is not rule of thumb but that said I did mine like this and it worked out pretty good for me:
AB
BA if you are sitting in the driver seat.
I can kind of notice a little tiny bit more of space between the tire and the flare, but it looks normal if you are looking in the front or the rear of the jeep. Meaning it doesn't look like it leans at all with the naked eye.

according to ARB The AB is for to offset the driver seat and drivers wheels in Australia, but it is a guideline here in the US. There is not rule of thumb but that said I did mine like this and it worked out pretty good for me:
AB
BA if you are sitting in the driver seat.
I can kind of notice a little tiny bit more of space between the tire and the flare, but it looks normal if you are looking in the front or the rear of the jeep. Meaning it doesn't look like it leans at all with the naked eye.

Yeah, I figure I'll assemble it with the driver's weight (mine) in mind. I'm no stick figure, that's for sure!

Reactions: ac_