What did you do to your TJ today?

Wonder what I ended up with in actual savings, once shipping was factored in...$100 maybe? Never really penciled out the cost of just the OME springs (all four) before. Think I found a pair for $169, but don't remember if they were rears or fronts, or what shipping was, if anything. Just called the seller to inquire on the springs, and next thing you know, I'm committing to the purchase. Liked what I was hearing. Ain't it the way...

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and JMT
Wonder what I ended up with in actual savings, once shipping was factored in...$100 maybe? Never really penciled out the cost of just the OME springs (all four) before. Think I found a pair for $169, but don't remember if they were rears or fronts, or what shipping was, if anything. Just called the seller to inquire on the springs, and next thing you know, I'm committing to the purchase. Liked what I was hearing. Ain't it the way...

I bought my lift in pieces and I bought my springs for 169 otd but per axle so you did good!

I bought my lift in pieces and I bought my springs for 169 otd but per axle so you did good!
Thanks, @ac_. Good to know! After reading so many threads on different shocks, adjustable TB vs TB relocating bracket, etc., I've been pondering building my own "kit" vs buying the full kit from OME, and ending up with stuff I really didn't need, and/or not quite getting the best value in shocks, for instance. This deal just sorta showed up (Craigslist), so it helped nudge me toward the "build my own" direction.

Thanks, @ac_. Good to know! After reading so many threads on different shocks, adjustable TB vs TB relocating bracket, etc., I've been pondering building my own "kit" vs buying the full kit from OME, and ending up with stuff I really didn't need, and/or not quite getting the best value in shocks, for instance. This deal just sorta showed up (Craigslist), so it helped nudge me toward the "build my own" direction.

I don't think you will be disappointed.

Reactions: Squatch
Great deal. I paid 163 a pair and I thought that was a good deal.

haha didn't notice the bad spelling at all....Thanks for the info though...I'm thinking about the Teraflex 2 inch lift kit but not many here seem to have gone down that road...Id love a Currie set up of course but the moola says is out of my reach for now. lol...

I’m eying Teraflex at the moment. Live up the road from the warehouse and can will call anything and pick up in an hour. I’m eying everything tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m eying Teraflex at the moment. Live up the road from the warehouse and can will call anything and pick up in an hour. I’m eying everything tho

Not a lot of Tera data here, so maybe you can be our little experiment?

Reactions: ac_
Not a lot of Tera data here, so maybe you can be our little experiment?

Kind of what I’m thinking. Why not, there’s a ton of JKs running Teraflex around here and I see Dennis Wood from their videos at least once a week. Thinking 3” linears would be fine. Currently researching their shocks.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Kind of what I’m thinking. Why not, there’s a ton of JKs running Teraflex around here and I see Dennis Wood from their videos at least once a week. Thinking 3” linears would be fine. Currently researching their shocks.

No reason why you can run Tera springs and compliment an appropriate shock. I haven't considered a Tera spring. Find out what spring weights they offer.

Sounds like a sweet deal to me...somebody up there wants to see you TJ on the road soon hehe

Sounds like a sweet deal to me...somebody up there wants to see you TJ on the road soon hehe

Thanks, @Kiwi TJ! Yeah, it's kind of a big first step for me, as that particular purchase kind of dictates what else I'll need to buy. I'm pretty stoked about it. Last conversation I had with the seller, he stated "These things are about as new as you can get without actually buying new!" I definitely liked the sound of that. :)

Reactions: Kiwi TJ

yeah I'd keen to see how they handle.....Not many people down here run Teraflex anything lol

Came home from a 13 day work trip only to find my jeep wont start at the off-airport lot. They told me they just moved it the day before but at 11pm last night...Nothing....starter not turning or clicking and jumping it didn't work. 2 guys at the lot pushed me down a small ramp and with a good ole pop of the clutch, I was on my way. Today I'll be following the troubleshooting guide @Chris posted in the FAQ section.

Reactions: Chris
Not quite a "What I did to" as a "What I did for my TJ"...
Just got off the phone with an off road shop that was advertising a "used", but new set of OME HD springs (front and rear) for sale. So, a guy picks up a '99 TJ, and drops it off at this shop for a lift, aftermarket bumper, winch, etc. Shop installs the OME HD springs front and rear. Rig is sitting in the shop for a week while other parts are on the way. Customer comes in and says he's going a different route, and just wants to return the Jeep to stock height, as it's no longer getting the winch and bumper, etc. Used, but new (never driven on) OME HD springs...$150, plus $50 shipping. Said he'd credit me a refund if shipping turns out to be less. Seemed like a decent sort (you sometimes just get a feeling about folks), so I bought 'em. Lookin' forward to their arrival. I know the A/B stickers might be missing, so may have to switch springs around if I get the TJ lean I keep hearing about. For the cost savings, I'll deal with that. ;)

*Seller says the springs still have the A/B stickers, and was surprised I knew about that. He obviously isn't on this forum! ;)
I'd have jumped all over that deal also. If.for no other reason than to have them on hand if I or anyone else needed them...

Reactions: Squatch
Came home from a 13 day work trip only to find my jeep wont start at the off-airport lot. They told me they just moved it the day before but at 11pm last night...Nothing....starter not turning or clicking and jumping it didn't work. 2 guys at the lot pushed me down a small ramp and with a good ole pop of the clutch, I was on my way. Today I'll be following the troubleshooting guide @Chris posted in the FAQ section.

OME's HD 942 rear springs are 160. 200 seems pretty dang stiff.

I’m trying to break the trend of the norm but I’m beginning to think that OME is so popular for a reason. It’s not the norm around here tho. I just don’t want to regret my decision with something else that’s not as widely known as OME

I’m trying to break the trend of the norm but I’m beginning to think that OME is so popular for a reason. It’s not the norm around here tho. I just don’t want to regret my decision with something else that’s not as widely known as OME

In that case, you've just narrowed it down to OME and BDS. Tell those Tera pukes to "Piss off mate!" Lol!